Kernel Attacks After Waking From Sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Freg3000, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I just set up a new Dual 1 Ghz Powermac yesterday, and have a had a few problems. The biggest one, is that whenever I put the computer to sleep, and do not wake it up for a long period of time (once overnight and a few times for about and hour), it comes back on with a kernel attack. It makes me restart by holding down the power button. I would like to be able to successfully put it to sleep instead of shutting down every time. My 450 Mhz AGP Graphics Powermac goes to sleep fine, but my new one doesn’t. Has anyone else experienced this problem or have a solution?

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

There is a known issue with USB devices causing kernel panics. Try disconnecting all USB devices and putting the computer to sleep. If it wakes up fine then add the devices one by one and see which one causes the kernel panic to occur.

irmongoose

3. Freg3000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Well, I disconnected by Imation Superdisk Drive, and when it woke up from an overnight sleep, I had a gray screen. Basically, just the kernel attack screen without the message. I'll try disconnecting my USB Printer, and see what that does.