Kernel Panic -- Headphones

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TonySwartz, Jun 6, 2006.

1. TonySwartz macrumors member

Never seen a kernel panic in my life until the MacBook came. :D Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing machine. This is what I get for buying 1st generation hardware. ;)

Anyway, my MacBook kernel panics when I unplug something from the headphone port. It doesn't do it every time (or I'd be pretty mad), but it has done it enough to pinpoint it as the source of the panic. Once the cord is out of the machine, it is locked up.

I'm calling AppleCare tomorrow about it, but is anyone else having this problem?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is it always the same device being unplugged from the headphone port? Good luck with the AppleCare. :)

3. TonySwartz thread starter macrumors member

It's been both my speakers and my headphones...when I unplug one to chance to the other, it periodically kernel panics. Doesn't seem to matter which one.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, well I don't know if this will help very much but before going to AppleCare, try resetting your PMU. :)

5. JamesWvr macrumors newbie

Same Problem

Was AppleCare able to fix your problem? If so, what did they do?

I bought my MacBook a couple of weeks after they were released, but I am just now experiencing this problem. I reinstalled OS X in hopes of fixing the problem, but it did not help.