Kernel Panic On MacBook C2D!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Pct1theory, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Pct1theory macrumors member

Dec 24, 2006
    yeah, well i deleted all of my partitions and did a restore for OS X, i didn't update anything, but... Heres My Story.....

I am a ******* for this but..... i went into OS X opend up a Vmware and tried to install Ubuntu (for testing), turns out i installed it on my Windoze Partition (by mistake) and i rebooting into windblows and it said no boot image

So i tried to reinstall windcrap and i installed it onto my OS X partiton (by mistake!) i rebooted into OS X and it did nothing i called my friend (who works for apple) and he said to a restore. I did.

I went into OS X and copied my ipod into "Music"....

i highlighted a bunch of folders and left the room for a min. came back clicked on a floder and all of them started to come up (i 4got they were all highlighted) so about 1,000 Finders started to come up, so i shut it down using the on/off button and restarted and went into windoze.

Next day turned it on went into OS X and i had the kernel panic

It not even a month old and i screwed it up badd... But Windblows works...
    I Called my apple friend and he said i could have bad ram, or a hardware problem.....

It's Apple Ram so... WTF do i do?????

[Moderator note: duplicate thread merged]
  2. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

Jul 26, 2005
    Just do a clean install. You didn't screw anything up permanently -- just some system files might be b0rked.
  3. emotion macrumors 68040

Mar 29, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Re-install OSX and stick to one OS until you know what you're doing? :)
  4. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    all those name for windows eh? either you should learn treat your entire computer properly or respectfully, or you'll always have problem

take some attitude adjustment class or something jeez.
  5. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

Aug 15, 2006
    yeah it doesnt look like you messed anything up ,jsut do a clean reinstall and you should be set. Good luck! :)
  6. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    and refrain yourself from double posting.. do you follow ANY rule? i almost want to say you deserve the kernel panic
  7. Pct1theory thread starter macrumors member

Dec 24, 2006

when ever i try to do a FRESH install i have the Panic in the start of the install disk.......