Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveTheGrey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2003
Hi everybody,

A friend of mine has two Powerbooks 12". On both macs is the same stuff (10.3.2 and apps) and on both he gets kernel panics.

He already did the disk repair stuff from the install cd. The Ram was build in by apple.

Does anyone know another reason why these kernel panics appear ?

Thankfull for every post.

Dave

DaveTheGrey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2003
thnx for the post.

aol could be the reason, what do you suggest ? deleting aol ?

What´s a "faulty logic board" ?

Dave

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
Hadware could be the problem. Do the kernel panics occur with nothing plugged into the computers? If so, it could be that one of his software programs modified the computer kernel.

DaveTheGrey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2003
It has nothing to do with something thats plugged in.
If it´s an application that occures the panic, how do i locate it ?
Making a clean install of panther and then installing one app after the other until I find the one who makes the trouble ?

It´s the only way I know.

Dave

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Try running the hardware test CD before you do anything else -- especially before you try a clean install! I'll give you even chances that the problem is bad RAM. The hardware test CD may or may not detect the problem it if exists (for me it did), but IMO it's well worth removing the RAM from the bottom slot and running the PB for a while that way to see if the KPs continue.

DaveTheGrey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2003
Thanx IJ Reilly

what do you mean with the hardware test cd ?
Is it the first of the three panther cds ?

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.