Kerry Ad blitz

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I was checking out the Kerry/Edwards website and came across a half dozen new ads that they are releasing. All make sense as an attempt to promote a positive image of Kerry in the run up to the convention, culminating with his convention speech. This is the time that he will have the greatest possibility of forming a connection with voters about who he is. My guess is they are planning to spend all the cash they have been accumulating in massive ad buys in the battleground states. If they accept public financing after the campaign they will be limited in spending this money.

I haven't gone to the GOP or Bush/Cheney websites lately, but if they are releasing a ton of negative ads over the same time period it wouldn't surprise me. The Hitler ad maybe only the beginning.

2. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

yeah Kerry doesn't do negative ads like

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i would say you're grasping at straws, but there don't seem to be any about.

why don't you go have a look at the ads?

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Perhaps the straws are made of quarks and other imaginary theoretical particles.

5. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I never said he didn't do negative ads. It isn't the bulk of his ads like the Bush campaign has done, but sure they do ads that criticize Bush. You should read this article by the Washington Post and learn something about the issue.

The ad you cite isn't negative however. It is a positive endorsement of a fellow veteran who served with honor. I know you have been posting all kinds of echo-chamber rumors about Kerry's service (your postings about science have temporarily suckered me into reading your posts again,) but you know, because we went over this stuff before, that there isn't any proof behind the smears you keep circulating. Maybe you should go back and read the links I gave you so long ago about the qualifications for the Purple Heart, the actual postings of Kerry's records, the history of GOP attack dogs who are feeding folks like you this crap, etc.

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I'm fairly sure he saw it on the menu and ordered it.

7. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

After four years in office all Bush can do is point to why Kerry is a bad person and not why he is a good person for President. Shouldn't he be trying to highlight the good things he has done for this country? Oh wait...he can't do that can he.

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

He can lie, can't he?

9. pooky macrumors 6502

They can't be. I don't understand quarks, therefore they must not exist.

10. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

No the scientists have never seen a quark, has no proof of their existence however by inventing the quark it makes their math work therefore they must exist.[​IMG]

11. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Are you sure you're not referring to gw, his fuzzy math and WMD?

12. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

No.
    two seperate topics that somehow got stuffed into one thread.

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

No one has died as a result of quark theories.

14. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

But they have from WMD's.

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Whose?

16. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Sorry, but I don't see what is negative about that ad. A bunch of vets from TX are supporting Kerry because they don't like gw. Seems pretty simple and straightforward to me and there's nothing negative there. Are they supposed to avoid mentioning gw's name? He is the leader of the US armed forces who is responsible for the deaths of over 650 Americans along with over 5,000 with serious injuries. They've died and been injured in an illegal war. Seems to me like vets would have an opinion and should be allowed to express it and I don't see any sign that the kerry campaign has funded these guys, surely even you can do better than that.

As far as all of those quotes, we have been told that the CIA's info about SH wasn't worth the paper it was written on. THAT is where all those people got their info from, gw, however was the prez and is responsible for ensuring that the info was worth going to war over. It wasn't was it?

17. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

18. pooky macrumors 6502

And actually, all of those deaths are directly attributable to the actions of quarks. With no quarks, no atomic decay, no fission bomb, no Hiroshima.

19. acdninjapan macrumors newbie

acdninjapan

No, I believe he is referring to Kim Jhong Il, his fuzzy math and WMD.

BTW why didn't Bush attack the North Koreans? was he afraid to go up against a for real possessor of WoMD?

20. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

For starters N. Korea hasn't had 12 years to straighten up like Iraq was given. [​IMG]

21. acdninjapan macrumors newbie

acdninjapan

No they have had 50! The Great Leader and now his son have consistently thumbed their noses at the UN and gone about their merry way doing what they do. The supposedly dismantled reactor complex is once again making weapons grade plutonium, the chemical factories are also producing sarin and other chemical warfare weapons.

Where do you think the Pakistanis got their bomb from! The Indians? The USofA?

And ask any Russian or Chinese politician about North Korea. They are worried and this country is supposed to be an ally.

Sly, wake up and smell the Kimchii!

22. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Well then maybe the Chinese or the Russians should do something, the US isn't responsible for the world.

23. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

...says the man for whom every reason to invade iraq is a valid one...