Kerry getting elected would hurt nation.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Flex, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Flex macrumors newbie

First off our Army would not be allowed to do anything except under the command of UN mandates. We would lose the ability to control our own army.

Second off Kerry would place the UN International Court as superior to our own Supreme court. That would give the UN control of 1/3rd of our country's leadership. You know, Executive, Legistlative, and Judicial.

The supreme court would be made up of more left wing nimwads who tend to ignore the constitution in their judgements. The rights, even the far anti-abortion rights believe in following the constitution before following their own biased beliefs. As such because of their moral standards they would not be able to fully apply their philosophy through the Supreme Court because the same philosophy forces them to restrict themselves within the constrains of the US. Constitution. Something the Left would never do. They seem to think their own opinions or beliefs are more important than the rule of law or our constitution.

Terrorist would be free to pick and choose targets in our country as a means to blackmail us for a variety of concessions. Instead of retaliating and trying to stop them at the source we will hold a defensive action and when that fails attempt to pay them off to leave us alone. This in turn will breed more terrorism because others will see that terrorims is profitable and copy those already engaged in it.

Bush isn't a prime choice, he is the better choice.

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Trolling already, sly? And here I thought you had truly turned over a new leaf.

Where's the proof? We've established that if you post outlandish claims that they need to be backed up or if you really believe it then to state that this is your opinion. I see neither here.

As you well know, International treaties as established by the US Const. become a part of the Const. Nothing sinister about that, there are well over 200 years of precedent for that. Nor can these treaties trump US law. Also a well established precedent.

The funny thing about SC Judges is that sometimes they don't play the way it is hoped they would. Clarence Thomas and his Luddite approach is only one example.

gw has no business in taking the high moral road on terrorism when his actions in Iraq and inaction in Afghanistan have led to more terror not less.

Links please, sly......

3. Flex thread starter macrumors newbie

If this is trolling than so is this http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=79431

And here is the links http://www.johnkerry.com/front/splash.html http://www.johnkerry.com/index.html
    Kerry isn't hidding his agenda, he is ignoring the long term consequences of his agenda though.

4. SuperChuck macrumors 6502

SuperChuck

If you seriously believe that any nation would give authority of its military over to the UN, you are a lost cause. What Kerry has touted is respecting the U.N. and its member nations - in other words, showing respect to the world. The fact that we're the only superpower does not give us the right to tell the world "you're with us or you're irrelevant." Of course we retain the right to control our own military, but with our awesome might comes great responsibility. We don't want to be a nation that is feared by the world - we want to be respected, and you have to give respect to get it.

FYI: The Pew Research Group recently conducted a worldwide survey. The vast majority of the world said that the U.S. was "untrustworthy" and the majority of the Arab world (including 55% of Jordanians - the most moderate Arab country of all) said they supported Osama Bin Laden. We went from the highest level of good sentiment from the world in our nation's history to THIS in less than 3 years. If that is not the all-time greatest failure in US foreign policy, I don't know what is.

The UN International Court only hears matters that involve disputes between two sovereign nations. Our own Supreme Court does not hear such cases, so the notion that anyone could place the UN "over" our court is ludicrous. It is beyond the bounds of the UN Court to intervene in the domestic justice system of sovereign nations.

What Kerry does argue for is respecting the authority of the UN International Court, as well as the War Crimes Tribunal at The Hague. If the world's only superpower does not recognize the authority of these bodies, the very important work they do becomes irrelevant - Why should any other nation submit to the court if we don't?

Of course, you may support seeing mass-murderers like Slobodan Milosevic go unpunished - because without these courts, they would.

The "left wing nimwads" you refer to had the wacky idea of desegregating public schools using the Constitution as their basis. It's called interpretation of the constitution. I assume you are in favor of interpreting the constitution? Or would you prefer that they had said "Well, the signers of the constitution had slaves, so when they suggested that all men were created equal, they weren't talking about people who aren't white." You think Brown vs Board wasn't controversial? You think the right wing of America didn't fight like Hell to stop it? It's called progress. Show me one elected Republican today who thinks Brown vs Board was a bad ruling. And without those "left wing nimwads" we'd still be "seperate but equal."

The United States has NEVER officially paid off terrorists to "leave us alone" John Kerry has never suggested such an idea, and to suggest that this is the Democratic strategy is a really bad, unsupportable lie. There was only one time in the history of our nation when we made a deal with terrorists. That was called the Iran/Contra affair where the Reagan administration traded arms for hostages. But, I guess giving in to terrorists was a great idea when Reagan did it, huh?

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

And here in Virginia, they were one of the last states to desegregate even after Brown. They still have not rewritten the sodomy law to match the SCOTUS ruling.

It seems like this election is going to be more about fear than facts.

6. Leo Hubbard macrumors newbie

Actually it wasn't too long ago the UN International court tried to stop Texas from executing criminals the committed crimes in their state, was captured in their state, and were tried in their state. I then heard rumors that there was talk about sanctions against the US because Texas told the UN International Court where to stick their rulling and executed the criminals anyhow.

7. CandelLife macrumors newbie

CandelLife

I have a really bad feeling about Kerry....but that's all it is, perhaps from all I have heard about him in pm and many message boards.....just get a real bad feeling about him being President.

At the same time, Bush has crossed so many lines that I can't see him being reelected.....I saw 911 last night and think this movie will hurt him in a big way and send even more people over to Kerry just because of the fact that they don't want Bush...which shouldn't be a reason for voting for Kerry.

What's up with Nader? I hear tons about Kerry and Bush....What's Naders story? I think I have alot of reading up to do before November rolls around.

And how much truth do you think there is in the stories wrapped around the videos in the 911 movie? The used alot of pain and suffering and crying to get their point across....that adds deception as far as I'm concerned, even when some of it appears true.....

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

We don't deal in "rumors" on this part of the site, only facts. :rolleyes:
    <slight wobble on the ironimeter>
    Links please!

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I hope that you can provide some news links on this topic.

What I did find was these:

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/euro_080900.html

http://www.ccadp.org/javiermedina.htm

Dealing with a Mexican national denied Mexican consular notification and assistance during his trail.

Please note that I gave these websites as reference points, and understand that they have biased perspectives.

But that does not change the fact that as a member of the United Nations we as a Nation have agreed to following aspects of UN treaties and the such.

We can not pick and choose what and where we as a Nation will follow the UN. If we want to take the moral high ground and invade a sovereign nation, because it was the right thing to do, then we should be willing to follow the moral high ground on basic human rights.

It is time to take the cowboys out and given them a taste of their own medicine.

10. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

My main problem with Kerry getting elected would be the obligatory new dollar coin. (Is this requirement hidden in the Democratic platform somewhere? I can't find it.)

Of course it would be the same size, shape and thickness as a quarter, so as not to be easily distinguishable. And of course it'd pay homage to some famous female historical figure... If we're lucky, maybe it'd be someone like Carmen Miranda.

Sorry, pet peeve... plus I'm feeling silly today. :eek:

You're just lucky I didn't start a new thread called "Re-electing Grover Cleveland would hurt nation"...

Yes, I am sick of politics already.

11. pooky macrumors 6502

Before one of SlyHunter's many faces can beat me to it, I'd like to point out that the typical right-wing song in response to this is that we really should get the heck out of the UN. Why should we follow UN treaties at all? Close the borders, kick all the "furriners" out, and leave 'merica to the 'mericans. I don't want no Frenchy or some creep in Libya telling me how to live my life. That includes my right to drive a vehicle designed for invading small desert nations on the streets of Los Angeles, my right to execute whoever I please whenever I please regardless of their national origin, and my right to invade any country I want to with any reason I can make up off the top of my head. Screw the UN.

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That sounds about right.

But you forgot "Screw the poor, the sick and the unemployed..."

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

14. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

Yep, lease we right-wing 'mercuns don't discrimnate as fer as our executin' goes, which makes us better'n those Al Kada types. Only gotta point out these hear Hummers ain't quite bomb-proof enuf t'suit summa us here in th' big city, much less some dessert countrys with there mil'tents.

Now if'n y'all will 'scuse me, I gotta go beat some sense into the lit'l woman and git those no-good kids-a-mine to bizness cleanin' sum sidearms, yessir...

Hope y'all can rec'nize meaninful contr'butions to th' dilog. A-yep.

15. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

LOL, feeling picked on today, 2jaded?

If it makes you feel better, I agree with you about Grover Cleveland. He's a bum! :p

16. pooky macrumors 6502

LOL, I semi-retract my statement. I didn't mean to imply that all republicans/conservatives were painted by my caricature, only the more hardcore sections of the party. Every group has extremists, that's who I was (attempting) to poke fun at.

17. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

You are joking, right? We deal with rumors all the time. The gov't doesn't believe in giving us facts!

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

19. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Gotcha! What do you say we run amuck? This forum is going to be b-o-r-i-n-g w/o Sly/Voltron/Flex.

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That's properly "amok". It's Malay :D

You first!

21. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

*runs amok*

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

*keeps head down*

23. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac