Kerry Meets Dean, Slams 'Crooked' Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Mar 10, 2004.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=615&e=4&u=/nm/20040310/pl_nm/campaign_kerry_dc

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, some Republican policies are as dishonest as the day is long. Bush was just in Ohio telling people the economy is improving and that we need to stay the course. That is either a bold-faced lie or he's just completely out of touch with reality.

However, I don't think Kerry should've made such a sweeping statement about all Republicans. There are guys, like McCain, who get respect even from Democrats and Independents. This overly-broad statement could come back and bite Kerry on the a**, simply by taking the campaign to a whole new, even nastier level.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I somehow doubt that anything Kerry or Bush for that matter, say about each other will prevent this from becoming the nastiest campaign this country has seen in quite some time.

It's funny when polititians forget the microphones are still on.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Will the real John Kerry stand up. He should appologize, any real man would.

Here is the other side on his military service, Liberals don't believe in fighting or defending America.

Kerry no hero in ex-crewman's eyes

By Michael Kranish, Globe Staff, 3/11/2004

Steven Michael Gardner served side by side with John Forbes Kerry in Vietnam, was wounded under Kerry's command, and was manning twin .50-caliber machine guns on a night that has forever haunted Kerry -- the night his crew killed a young boy in a sampan.

But unlike many of Kerry's crewmates, Gardner has not appeared at Kerry's side at campaign rallies, and his view of Kerry at war is far different from the heroic view presented by others. "He absolutely did not want to engage the enemy when I was with him," Gardner said in a recent interview. "He wouldn't go in there and search. That is why I have a negative viewpoint of John Kerry."

Gardner's view is dramatically at odds with that of many other crewmates whom the Globe interviewed, who praise Kerry's leadership and say he was one of the most aggressive skippers in the Navy at the time. Gardner, who said he intends to support President Bush for reelection, clashed with Kerry on one of the most memorable and haunting nights that the two sailors spent together in Vietnam. That story, which until recently has been told publicly only in fragmentary form, involved the killing of the young boy.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/03/11/kerry_no_hero_in_ex_crewmans_eyes/

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I wonder if Bush ever apologized for calling Adam Clymer of the NY Times a 'major league a$$hole'? Wouldn't any real man do so?

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Problem is it sure looks like with Halliburton and the Energy task force that this White House is crooked. The sure have set new low standards in lying. Just why should Kerry apologize for saying the truth?

7. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Speaking of which...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-rebuild11mar11,1,2004308.story

8. ThomasJefferson macrumors 6502

Yawn

Attached Files:

9. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

Chickenhawks

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Conservatives all worship the dollar. All black people look the same. Women don't make good drivers. Mexicans are shiftless and lazy. All Arabs are terrorists. Native Americans are all alchoholics.

Generalizations like that are counterproductive.

BTW Wdlove, would it surprise you to know that I am a liberal AND a trained martial artist? That's right, I fight and fight well. I'm trained in armed and unarmed combat. Pseudo carries a mean hockey stick, and from what I hear hockey players tend to fight every so often. Do you think every soldier in the US military is a conservative?

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Why deflect?

Kerry was talking about the GOP machine being crooked and you've attacked Kerry's military service.

Why do you refuse to address the points that are up for debate because of these comments?

Why don't you apologise for questioning liberals' belief in fighting and defending their nation? That's the only insult I see here.

THIS ---> "Liberals don't believe in fighting or defending America."

Is disgusting hate speech.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hey, I think that qualifies as political hate speech. And I was informed that only liberals were capable of that!

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I go to the gym and put in a lot of time on the heavy bags. Practice makes perfect.

Anyone who's ever been on a team of mine will tell you I will and do stick up for them the same as I would my own blood.

But what do I know? I'm just a cowardly, unAmerican peacenik liberal hippie communist lefty.

14. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

good for kerry. i'm glad he's not backing down from his remarks. i like his fight.

15. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

You actually made me laugh with this comment. Stuff like this is why Bush had been such a dividing force. This is like saying all conservatives don't believe in protecting the environment or they all hate gay people or they all are rich. Anyway, this comment is wrong. Franklin Roosevelt was a Democrat. He declared war on Japan and Germany. Kennedy was a liberal Democrat. He did'nt shy away from war, Vietnam, Bay of Pigs, etc, etc, come to mind.

Sometimes the best way to defend yourself is to not go out and fight but to work to make people your allies.

To reply to the topic at hand, Kerry is right Bush, and his administration have blatantly lied and been crooked about many things. And if anyone dared point that out, they label them as terrorists, unpatriotic, traitors, etc.