kerry: The Speech the President Should Give

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 28, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

i long for the time when a president could make statements that meant something and contained particulars.

2. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Would Kerry have been able or allowed to make a speech like that, if he'd won the election?

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This administration cant work with anyone, thats clear. Its all their way or the highway hence they have alienated not only half the U.S. but most of the worlds governments. This is what you get with a bunch of old extreme right wing farts living in the 50s. George has taken us from the year 2000 and moved us back 50 years in everything from starting cold wars,Failed Nuclear Policy to the Enviroment to a bigger government then even democrats dream for. The police state marches on to the Republican war drums. America was idiot for electing this guy twice. He dragged us into Iraq over Spin and lies and his administration knew this. Democrats are no better since most of them voted for so much of his Spin. So here is America with no one to represent them but these two clowns who Party at Our expense.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

No kidding just like he voted for the UnPatriotAct. Why elect a democrat when you can get the real thing :rolleyes: Both parties suck so bad i cant stand it.

5. katchow macrumors 6502

his above statements seem to be a criticism of the administrations "handling" of the war. i'm not sure what your point is.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

But then he voted against it.

:p

Why is it that these politicians wait until after they lose to make such impassioned speeches? If only he had appeared as forceful before, he may have been the one dealing with the mess that is Iraq right now. Oh... maybe SNL was right, he did dodge a bullet there. No pun intended.

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Nothing to lose. No demographics to worry about. No lobbies to keep happy. No hundreds of millions of people picking apart every word. Nothing to live up to. Nothing to follow through on.

And what can you do besides some Monday morning quarterbacking if you don't want to completely fall off the face of the Earth?

Lethal

8. katchow macrumors 6502

true. but a lot of his comments sound a lot like things he said sunday afternoon.

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I so agree, reminds me of Bob Dole. Look at him now,smiles,jovial fun to listen to but when he was running for president he was ridged ,stiff and so worried about saying something wrong he lost. I allways felt that Bob was better then he let on when running against Clinton. Kerry same thing. Be yourself.

10. iGary Guest

iGary

He has no gut.

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Absolutely agree. But, I do think there are still differences between the parties; they aren't equally bad, even though they both really really suck.

12. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Is it possible to divorce the author from the content?

I find Mr. Kerry's advice to be rather sound, particular and pragmatic.

What I feel about Mr. Kerry the politician or Mr Kerry the man, shouldn't matter that much should it?

It doesn't to me.

I feel comfortable saying that his comments are a damn sight better than what I heard the other night from Mr Bush.

Do I like Bush as a leader? No. If he had said something approaching what Kerry said, I would still have applauded him, however.

Who has the 'guts' again?

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I would agree, but that doesn't make him wrong. Bush being the other extreme.

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, he looks like he's in pretty good shape to me too. ;)

15. katchow macrumors 6502

kerry before the war

"In giving the President this authority, I expect him to fulfill the commitments he has made to the American people in recent days--to work with the United Nations Security Council to adopt a new resolution setting out tough and immediate inspection requirements, and to act with our allies at our side if we have to disarm Saddam Hussein by force. If he fails to do so, I will be among the first to speak out."

i don't know why i'm bothering to defend Kerry, guess after listening to our anti-intellectual president for so long i'm feeling some bitterness at what could have been. On a side note, just counted 9/11 mentioned 5 times in Bush's speech the other day. I sill prefer a giant douche over a sh** sandwich.