Kerry wins!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Oct 20, 2004.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Nickelodeon kids vote, that is

Although it sounds useless, read the statistic in the first paragraph, "the vote on Nickelodeon's Web site has correctly chosen the president of the United States in the past four elections."

Lets extend that number to five!

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Lets hope those kids know what they are doing because i feel this president doesnt.

3. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Kids reflecting the views of their parents?

The younger the child the more likely they will go with their parents choice, seems to make sense. I read this earlier and thought it was funny. Sometimes I wonder why the polls continue to remain so close, with all of the coverage how can people still be undecided?

4. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

SERIOUSLY. If we had a 6-year-old as President, this country would be a lot better off.

"Mr. President, should we go to war in Iraq?"

"War is bad! Let's eat cookies!"

I'd take Cookie Day any day.

Lee Tom

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

This is better news than most people will think. He won with 57%. I think this is pretty accurate. Think about it, how many kids are going to say, "well my Dad likes Kerry and always talks about how Bush sucks, but I'm definitely going to vote Republican this year". Turn it around, same thing. Not saying it's completely accurate, but definitely gives me hope.

They're probably just afraid they'll have to pay for all of the debt he's racked up and have no money for social security while they're still fighting Iraq 10 years later after being drafted while the rest of the world hates us with no healthcare, the enviroment a mess, and all the good jobs being shipped overseas. But you aren't allowed to criticize the government because as they are trying to protect you from terrorists by taking away all of you freedoms. All because one of the Bush girls became Gov. of FL and helped the other one get elected by not letting Black people vote for Chelsea Clinton. Several older people (us, by then) still accidently vote for Pat Buchannan.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Out of the mouths of babes....

7. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Can we have chocolate milk, too?? :)

8. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

I wasn't aware that the Nickelodeon web site was around during Bush Snr's administration???

9. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I didn't realize that Nickelodeon was even around in 1988, much less their website.

If we really want to go by BS indicators to predict who will win, I can find a dozen for both Bush and Kerry. Halloween mask sales for Bush are up, another "fool-proof" indicator. It's best to ignore all of these types of things, they serve only as talking points for the campaigns.

I put very little stock in this since there is a flawed premise right off the bat. I'm not sure how extensive the use of any website was back in 1988.

10. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

they must have been some pretty damn geeky kids!

11. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

They have been around for awhile, I bet it was either a mail in poll or a phone poll at that time. Nick is older then you think.

12. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

13. ocellnuri macrumors regular

^ If you squint, he looks kind of like a yellow, square-headed Nader.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Nickelodeon has been around for a long time. Started in 1979 as Pinwheel, re-named in 1981. I remember there was a phone number you could call. My Mom wouldn't let me call it because she thought it would cost $$$. I don't remember if it was an 800 or 900 # or what. A lot of kids voted, and they did pick the President correctly.

15. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

Yes kiddies, there was entertainment for young people before the internet. Nick was a staple of american life before their were Macintosh computers.

And I remember that the polls were phone in.
    Nick has consistently been the best channel on tv since it's inception.

16. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

Funny thing is, i bet Spongebob would not win if he ran. It is a shame, as he could be like a Kennedy for this century. However, i suppose some people would see him as 'weak on terrorism'. I think we all now who his running mate would be...

[​IMG]

17. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Bush Wins!

And in the interest of being fair and balanced, ChannelOne's mock election (involving 1.4 million teenagers around the country) resulted in a win for Bush (with 55 percent of the vote).

18. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Kids must get dumber with age, like a ****** wine.

19. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Teens have all those hormones flowing , they arent thinking about the election they are thinking about otherthings :eek:

20. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

bush

21. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Another one, it just goes to show how meaningless these things are:

edit: The article refers to the Scholastic poll as the first poll. The second poll they were talking about was the Nickelodeon poll.

22. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Bush is going to win. It tears me up to say it but he is. God I’m think before this election is through I’m going to be an alcoholic. :(

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Never heard of Channel One before this. But if it helps, according their new poll, when asked if people thought the poll was correct and Bush was going to win, as of right now it says 66% say no. I still think Kerry is still on the table. God, I hope he is. I'd rather have 4 years of him screwing things up than 4 more years of Bush.