Kevin Rose: Apple working on unibody iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duckkg5, Jun 16, 2009.

1. macrumors member

duckkg5

From Rose's Twitter:

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68000

Who cares what Kevin Rose thinks will happen? :confused:

3. macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

People who follow Kevin Rose on Twitter.

4. macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

What would the point be? Apple are using plastic backs for better reception why go back.

5. macrumors 68030

uberamd

I don't care what he thinks, his rumors hold no more credibility with me than the ones that I stumble across anywhere else.

6. macrumors 601

Well, he has been right about Apple stuff a few times, but he's also been wrong an equal amount.

But I hardly think this deserves a thread.

7. macrumors member

Because he's been correct in the past (and also very, very off base). Wonder why he's posting it... he's discussed his opinion on "leaks" in the past and how companies will do it on purpose for free press - is he participating in this or is it a true leak?

8. macrumors 6502a

Whatever happens, I expect a major cosmetic change with the iPhone next year. And all of those people complaining this year about not being able to upgrade will be the fortunate one's next year to be eligible for it. It all balances out.

9. thread starter macrumors member

duckkg5

well he's got a half-decent track record with rumors.

10. macrumors 68000

If you throw enough darts at a dart board, you'll eventually hit the bullseye.

11. macrumors regular

1) I call the iPhone "unibody" enough as it is.

2) Plastic backs were made to increase reception; aluminum would be a step BACKWARD.

12. macrumors 6502a

The next gen iPhone will be multi-core as well. You can take that to the bank.

13. macrumors 6502a

unless apple has made their own special magic metal which lets radio waves pass through it (applelunium?) this will never happen, Kevin Rose has got 1 rumor! (new nanos) he is not king of apple rumors like everyone thinks he is.

14. thread starter macrumors member

duckkg5

i agree, i don't think it should be called "unibody" but just "aluminum" instead.

15. macrumors 6502a

adammull

Just a new case would make people buy one. I, for one, even though I am getting a 3GS am kind of upset it still looks the same. And I really want some icon updates, they look tired.

16. macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I actually prefer the plastic back. It's "grippier" to me, and I think that the scratches on it look better than on a metal back. I'll stick with the 3G S, thanks.

17. macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I'd also expect a big cosmetic iPhone push next year, at least by Q4 2010. Unibody though... sounds like the first gen iPhone but without that strip on the back. Might look like a bit retro :D

Lets have some coloured iPhones, pink for me, so people know how much of a man I am.

18. macrumors 6502

If they can figure out a way to go back to aluminum and keep the signals strong, I hope they do it.

The build quality felt infinitely better than the 3G.

Not to mention that it would also be much more in line with their environmental goals.

19. macrumors 68000

cellocello

Hasn't he only been really right about stuff like once or twice? With everything else being semi-obvious guesses that half of the internet was already making?

20. macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I don't know if I'd like an aluminum phone myself. Image the reception problems it would have if it was made entirely out of aluminum!

21. macrumors 6502

+1

The icons are very tired.

22. macrumors 603

netdog

I do think that next year's phone will be a BIG STEP FORWARD in terms of DESIGN and POWER.

23. macrumors 601

They could use a metal body as an antenna as long as they use something conductive or whatever. Not aluminium.

24. macrumors 68030

uberamd

I love when people think things without any evidence. How many people were 150% convinced we would get a front facing phone? Yeah, they went back into the woodwork.

25. thread starter macrumors member

duckkg5

I noticed a big improvement from the 1st gen iphone to 3g in terms of reception. I bet it's got to do as much with improved hardware as it does the plastic case.

(p.s. go deacs!)