Kevin Smith on iMac

Discussion in 'Community' started by arn, Jul 2, 2002.

1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

reportedly this is Kevin Smith (Clerks, MallRats etc...)

http://viewaskew.com/newboard/messages378/559.html (warning - profane language)

After playing with my new iMac for the last two days, I have come to
    the conclusion that I love it. This is a fantastic machine that does just
    about everything shy of [edited]. I have never
    loved an inanimate object more.

And that OS X stuff? Too ****ing cool.

If you can get your hands on one, I highly recommend it.

Off to see Jeff's movie. See some of you there.

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

No offense, arn, but how could you post a link to a profane web page when you know there are preteens and Aztec running around on the forums? :eek: :D

Actually, I'm not surprised to see people giving their honest to SJ opinions on Apple's best and latest, even if the iMac seems due for an update.

Keep up the opinion searches, big guy (arn). And try not to find pages with words, such as ****, ****, or "son of a :eek:" in them. j/k :cool:

3. arn thread starter macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

heh...

well, I edited out the worst of it.... :)

arn

4. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

I guess if you can't edit someone else's web page just post a warning beside a link. :D

But IMPO profanity speaks from the heart. If this guy feels that the iMac is too !!!!!ng cool then he really means it. At least it didn't sound like he was paid to say it: :eek:

"Hi. My name is Under Done. I am from Withenwithout, LA and I like Apple computers.

Personally, Apple seems to have the best computer products. The most recent Apple computer I evaluated was the Apple iMac G4 with an LCD. I noticed that the computer is a fantastic machine and is a great inanimate object. In regard to material designed in OS X it is awesome. I would recommend that anyone should evaluate the iMac themselves and tell Apple what they think. And, now, I am off to see more advertisements by Apple about real people who switched to Apple and abanded (sp) their PC."

Way too f!!king formal! :D

6. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Cobra...

Dont worry about me, its nature. What can I say, i use the word, i hear the word, i see the word.

I dont really give a ****!

Hehehe

7. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

I know, I was just joking. Besides, I said f!!k when I was 4, so I know what the real world brings to me about profanity. :)

Just some fun humor, young teen. Do you plan to turn 14 ever? :cool:

9. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hmmm...

When I feel like it...

Nah, Augest 29th!

How bout you all pitch in and get me a present?? ;)

10. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

the unedited quote is so much better.....indeed the reason why Kevin Smith is the man. Well, just one of the reasons, he knows where its at.

:D

11. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I agree, the unedited version was way better.

12. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

you like Keven smith Arn?

being one of the younger members (16), i am not at all offended by the site, i used to visit that site regularly, i own all his movies on DVD and he os one of the best directors in the industry, IMHO

13. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hmmm....

Am I the youngest member on all the forums? I have talked to a few guys that are 13, but they are from 25 days to a few months older than me!

14. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

15. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Cobra...

he he he....yeah...I've seen this guy pissed off before...he's no virgin to bad language ;)

anyway...great article...it's just this type of endorsing that Apple needs to put them ahead in the game...among many other things...he he he ;)

16. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

Sure, Smith uses a mac, I mean he fits the personality typpe to a tee. I wonder why he never got into one of the think different ads? Oh well, I wonde if Apple ha thecajones to do sort of adult switch ads. They are already running switch ads during southpark and the Simpsons (hah, my two favortie things, Homer and Macs, together at last.) MAybe a comedy central late night comercial, or one on Bravo or something, a really foul mouthed Kevin Smith lays on into a PC with a bat, something like that.:D

17. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

youve never seen a mac on the simpsons?!?! :confused:

I've seen macs on there quite a few times....dont remember all the tiems but I do remember one episode...

18. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

Yes, your right eye...
    At one pint Lisa had an iBook (clamshell), I think Homer had an iMac, but I'm not sure on that one. I guess it depends on the animator of that scene, because I've also seen them use obviously PC stuff. I guess I meant that they are running the apple ads during the Simpsons to grab that audience, and I think those are just the right people to grab.

I've also heard that Matt Groenig uses a Mac, and the've showed up on futurama, too.:D

19. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

im not eye...

20. void macrumors 6502

actually i think im the youngest member. Im 12 and to be 13 on january 11, take that aztec!

21. King Cobra macrumors 603

vjv, your parents did fill out that form that would legally allow you in interactive discussion, right? I think according to the Children's Protection Act, or something along those lines, you may be involved in free social activity or such at 13 or above. If you are under 13 then your parents/guardian has to fill out a form so that you can get around this law.

Anyways, I think that is how it goes.

As for seeing Macs on The Simpsons I did find one episode, in which Homer becomes Mr. X and ruins people's privacy. I could tell that it was a Mac, since there was no sign of a windoze start button on the screen. Another episode w/Macs would be when W. Smithers went to find a substitute for him and he used a Mac to come up with 714 people that were basically incompetent.

22. Dazzler macrumors member

Kevin Smith has also used Macs in his movies, too - there's a scene in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back where Ben Affleck's character shows the titular characters a website on his Cinema Screen and Cube.

23. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

That episode had a good spoof of the Prisoner.

24. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

There was also an episode where Nelson, or one of those school bullies, had a Newton, and tried to write something on it.

Needless to say, for comedic value, the handwriting recognition came out wrong!

25. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Speaking of Apple and the Simpsons, tonight the Newton made an appearance. :)

Jimbo Jones: "Make a note on your Newton to beat up Martin!"
    Dolph: <writes "Beat up Martin">
    <screen converts it to say "Eat up Martha">
    <Jimbo hucks the Newton at Martin's head>

[EDIT: Okay, that's too freaky... I just read the post right before mine! :eek: :eek: :eek: ]