Key translations while running XP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by m830mr, Jul 26, 2006.

1. m830mr macrumors newbie

Hey all, I was wondering about key translations while running xp in boot camp. Does the apple key = the windows key? What about the delete key? Is that the eject key because it looks like the delete key on the apple keyboard would translate into the backspace key on a windows machine. Every windows uers knows ctrl-alt-del is crucial ;) And you know how newer windows keyboards have a right click menu key, is there a key on the apple keyboard for that?

Oh yea can you run win 2k or other versions of windows using boot camp? I allready have 2k and don't really want to buy xp if I can just use 2k.

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Cmd key = Windows key
    Eject = eject (after the drivers install)
    Other keys depend on which mac you have. If you have a desktop Mac, then there's already a "del" key on the keyboard. If you have a laptop, then you should get Remapkey.exe from Microsoft to remap the del key to something else, and Input Remapper to fix some of the other key remappings (and right click combos).

Read the docs on BootCamp, only WinXP Pro SP2 is supported, though apparently Vista can be used too.