Keybank/Nano promo

Discussion in 'iPod' started by allisonv7, Jul 24, 2006.

1. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

This may belong in the community forum, wasn't sure. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Anyways, KeyBank is having a promo right now where you sign up for a free checking account with either direct deposit or a credit card and you get a free Nano. I was just wondering if anyone had signed up and what happened? I'm debating going in to open one but won't if it's a huge hassle.

www.key.com

Thanks,

allison.

2. rafifreak00 macrumors regular

rafifreak00

Nah I'd think theres more to it

Just for advertisement, I guess

3. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

if you read the fine print, you must open the checking account by sept. 9 (cannot be a student account), be approved for the credit card or have funds direct deposited by october 31 (both take two weeks- 2 weeks for the credit application, and two weeks for the direct deposit clearance, so the soonest you could meet the requirements is 2 weeks from the day you opened the account), and then you will be approved for an iPod, which will be delivered in 60 days.

Think about it- you open the bank account, wait two and a half months for the iPod. It's not like they hand it over when you sign away your life to the bank. By that time there's almost surely going to be a new nano available, which, while not free, will be better.

4. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Right now TD Bank is offering a free shuffle if you sign up for a free chequeing account, and a free nano if you switch everything over from another bank.

A friend just got a new account and got the shffule.

5. allisonv7 thread starter macrumors 6502

I got my ipod today! It's one of the new nanos - 2gb, silver. Did anyone else sign up?

allison.

6. jfish63 macrumors newbie

key bank overcharges

Do not open a key bank account. If your account does not have sufficient funds you will be charged 38 dollars every time you use the card. It happens alot but is a policy they will not change. It happened to my daughter 11 times in one month. The biggest problem was that we were not aware of the 38 dollar fee. The money I put in to restock her account was not enough to offset the 38 dollar fees. Even though I deposited the money in the branch where the account was opened no one informed us it was not enough money. Find another bank there are many that will not do this.
    Edit/Delete Message

7. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Called an overdraft, from my experience every bank does this. Gotta have teh money to spend it. Some even offer overdraft protection. YMMV...

8. jfish63 macrumors newbie

Every bank I have ever had an account in you either had to sign up for and be approved for over draft protection or you would get a insufficient funds screen. You might get one overdraft charge but once the system caught you would not be able to draw out money. The way they handle it is not a normal bank practice. If it is for yours change your bank.