Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgi101

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I'm going to be ordering a new 20" iMac with dual core.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the cord lengths of both the keyboard and mighty mouse that come with it?

I want to know if there will be room for the display to be on my desk, and the cables to loop behind the table (down+forward) to my keyboard tray. I have heard the cables that come with it are super short.

Any help would be appreciated =)

Thanks,

cgi101

cgi101

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Well I found a store with iMac's on display, and saw the teeny tiny cords!!!

From my research on the forum, I understand that some apple retail keyboards come with a USB extension cord for the keyboard. Can someone who recently bought a dual core iMac let me know if their's came with one?

Thanks!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Too bloody short.

I bought an Apple keyboard and it came with an extension cord (which you can't use with anything else as it has a groove in it). You'll definitely need an extension cable if you want it to go that far.

I think the Mighty Mouse cable is 29" long. Doesn't bother me that much as it's plugged into the keyboard.

raythepa

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2006
Just did a quick measure of the cord length of the PC equipment in my office.

Gateway mouse - 6'
IBM keyboard - 6'

cgi101

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Thanks for your help.

Do you know if the non-retail apple keyboard that comes with the new iMacs also includes the extension?

solidbreakz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2004
SF
that would be a YES. Just plug the mouse into one of the USB 1.1 ports on the keyboard itself and loop the keyboard cord/extenstion whereever you want.

Keyboard cord length: 3'
Mouse cord length: 3'
Extension cord length: 3'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.