Keyboard case that locks the IPAD 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Gaprofitt, Jan 7, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hi,

Not sure if I will do a good job explaining this, do any of the IPAD 2 Keyboard Cases actually lock the IPAD in place? In other words I don't want to just unfold/open the case and sit the ipad in a slot at a viewing angle, I want to open the keyboard and have the IPAD2 automatically move into a locking slot with the option to move it.

Hope that made sense.. :)

Greg

2. mortenandersen, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

macrumors 6502

The closest you can come is ZAGGfolio?

If your device not will be identical with a laptop (e.g. Air), perhaps the closest you can get is the ZAGGfolio? Or does anyone else know of some keyboard cases that in a higher degree will satisfy the OP's wishes?

3. macrumors member

4. macrumors 6502

TonyK

Just picked up the ZAGGFolio last night and do like the form factor of it. My wife had purchased the Apple Wireless Keyboard as a Christmas present for me and it went back un-opened. My desire was for a all-in-one solution combining case and keyboard.

The Clamshell case mentioned is okay but it is plastic for that $150 price. The ZAGGfolio is not plastic with the keys better spaced for touch typist.

I also agree the iPad2 is not a laptop replacement for all people. Some, yes; all NO.