Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeepik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
I have the Logitech keyboard case for the iPad Pro and its fantastic, but honestly i only got it as i needed a keyboard and the Apple one is light years backordered.

I have thoroughly enjoyed typing on the logitech keyboard. I think the keyboard is fantastic.
I was curious as how the Apple Keyboard felt, so i went to the Apple store and tried the display model with the Apple keyboard. Honestly, i didn't like it at all.

It is rather compact and small and all, but the keyboard itself felt uncomfortable. I feel that with the Apple keyboard i would gravitate to using the iMac keyboard. Where as with the logitech i use the keyboard to type more then my iMac keyboard....it is just so damned comfortable

the case is super heavy and thick, but the keyboard is perfect. I honestly think i will end up keeping the logitech and just get a smart cover instead of the apple keyboard.

I know there is a learning curve with the Apple Keyboard, but i have a feeling it wont be that great.

Anyone in my shoes care to comment on the Logitech vs Apple situation ?

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I have had the apple keyboard cover since the second day the IPP were out... It is fantastic. I can type as fast as I can on any full sized keyboard (120+ words a minutes). Feels very natural, and never have to look at it. I do wish it lit up for those extra keys I never learned (symbols above the numbers).

Reactions: SchneiderMan

jorsuss

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2007
I have the Logitech keyboard case for the iPad Pro and its fantastic, but honestly i only got it as i needed a keyboard and the Apple one is light years backordered.

I have thoroughly enjoyed typing on the logitech keyboard. I think the keyboard is fantastic.
I was curious as how the Apple Keyboard felt, so i went to the Apple store and tried the display model with the Apple keyboard. Honestly, i didn't like it at all.

It is rather compact and small and all, but the keyboard itself felt uncomfortable. I feel that with the Apple keyboard i would gravitate to using the iMac keyboard. Where as with the logitech i use the keyboard to type more then my iMac keyboard....it is just so damned comfortable

the case is super heavy and thick, but the keyboard is perfect. I honestly think i will end up keeping the logitech and just get a smart cover instead of the apple keyboard.

I know there is a learning curve with the Apple Keyboard, but i have a feeling it wont be that great.

Anyone in my shoes care to comment on the Logitech vs Apple situation ?

Have you used the keyboard on the new macbooks? Apparently they are the same type of keys.

jeepik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
I have a new MacBook and the keyboard on that was similar but since they were plastic on the MacBook it just felt a little more realistic to me

jonathanbloom

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2009
The keyboard from Apple is great and am using it with the silicone case along with the smart cover. The smart cover for the laid down mode (and when I want a lighter iPad minus the keyboard) and the smart keyboard for keyboard use. It is extremely simple to get out and feels great for my use.

I looked at the Logitech and my biggest concern was not being able to get it out of the case.

FinalLogic

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
I returned my Logitech Create case after a couple days of using it.

I noticed that when I typed very quickly, it would randomly drop letters, which is ridiculous and inexcusable.

It's possible that it's just a bad unit, but what's indisputable is that the Logitech case is heavy as hell, plasticky/cheap feeling, and has absolutely terrible volume/lock button covers. Patiently waiting for my Apple Keyboard Cover.

Reactions: CjonesHouston

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
I returned my Logitech Create case after a couple days of using it.

I noticed that when I typed very quickly, it would randomly drop letters, which is ridiculous and inexcusable.

It's possible that it's just a bad unit, but what's indisputable is that the Logitech case is heavy as hell, plasticky/cheap feeling, and has absolutely terrible volume/lock button covers. Patiently waiting for my Apple Keyboard Cover.
I viewed a Logitech case today at Best Buy. I will wait for Apple keyboard

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I have had the apple keyboard cover since the second day the IPP were out... It is fantastic. I can type as fast as I can on any full sized keyboard (120+ words a minutes). Feels very natural, and never have to look at it. I do wish it lit up for those extra keys I never learned (symbols above the numbers).

This. It's a superb keyboard.

jeepik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
Wow...i may have to take a closer look at the apple keyboard...when it arrives in December...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.