keyboard forwarder???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joebells, Oct 30, 2006.

1. joebells macrumors 6502

Hi, I have my windows pc still hooked up and I have it hooked up to a monitor on my desk. I have my macbook right in the spot were my keyboard used to sit so now I have to move the keyboard around quite a bit when I want to do something on my pc. I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that will forward just keyboard commands made from my macbook to the windows pc? I know about rdc but it just isn't quick enough for me. I was thinking just forwarding the keyboard commands would probably be faster. trackpad would be kind of cool too but not necessary.

2. Gee macrumors 65816

A vnc would be pretty quick if connected directly via ethernet I think.

3. joebells thread starter macrumors 6502

thats how I'm running rdc my macbook is right there on my desk connected to the same router that my pc is, I'm thinking it might be running kind of slow because of rosetta.

4. Gee macrumors 65816

The latest version of rcd - 1.03 - is a universal binary, so it won't be running under rosetta. I've not used microsoft remote desktop. Have you tried just a standard VNC server like WinVNC on the PC, and a client like Chicken of the VNC on the Mac?

Does anyone else have experience with a VNC setup? Should it be quick enough on a direct connection?

5. weiss macrumors member

Synergy

With this software you can share one keyboard / mouse amongst two (or more?) computers running Mac OS X, Windows, Linux or any mix of these flavors.