Keyboard Leaving prints on screen :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fh2level, Sep 30, 2006.

1. fh2level macrumors regular

fh2level

My keyboard is leaving marks on my screen when it is closed, my mouse button is sticking a little and the metal by my Monitor port is bent a little. I have AppleCare, if I drive all the way to the mac store are they going to cover this under this plan?

Thanks for your help

2. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Wow! Everything that happened to you has happened to me!! My mouse sticks SOO bad and makes it hard to click sometimes. Plus the metal casing is bulging in 2 or 3 places around my mac.

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i don't know about AppleCare - you should call AppleCare before you potentially waste your time going to the store.

you should look into getting a soft cloth screen protector that'll sit between the screen and keys/trackpad when the computer is closed. a lot of people swear by these - i haven't had a need for one yet.

4. zwida macrumors 6502a

zwida

I don't think AppleCare will do anything for you about the marks on the screen. The prior post about the soft cloth screen protector is right on.

If the bent monitor port is a manufacturing defect (or machine defect), they'll certainly fix it. It's a pretty big long shot that they'll fix anything caused by the machine being dropped. The sticking button also seems like something they'd fix.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Never Hurts to call before you go down there. Are you putting things on top of your laptop like books, bricks, small children?
    Marware makes a pad to protect your screen from the KB plus I don't think your screen should be resting on the KB. There should be a nub like thing in each corner of the lid to prevent the screen from touching the KB.

Bless

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

My iBook came with a little foam sort of thing in between the keyboard and screen. It seemed to work OK as a screen protector.

8. fh2level thread starter macrumors regular

fh2level

Thanks for the replies, I am going to order one of those screen protectors to lay over the keyboard. I doubt they will, or can, do anything about the prints on the screen. I hardly ever but my MBP in my bookbag anymore. As for the mouse and area on the case where it is bent, and no it has not been dropped :), I guess I will call them.

9. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yeah, I use this for my Macbook Pro. It's kind of a hassle to remember to put in every time I close the lid, but it's worth it in the long run.

10. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

I got one of these for my MBP and so far its worked well:
    http://www.radtech.us/Products/NotebookScreenSavrz.aspx

It also makes a great cleaning cloth.

The screen on my TiBook got totally f**ked up from keyboard and trackpad abrasions. I'm trying very hard to not have it happen to my MBP.

11. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

12. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

yea, definitely get the radtech screensaver thing. I have one it it works great. ;)

13. JonMan macrumors member

Does the MacBook (not pro) suffer from this problem? Or does the new keyboard solve this problem?

Thanks,
    JonMan

14. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

well, supposedly, nothing since the titanium powerbooks is supposed to have this problem. If I look inbetween the opening when my PowerBook lid is closed, nothing is touching the screen; but I'd much rather pay the extra $20 for the peace of mind; I would recommend anyone do the same.

15. JonMan macrumors member

I remember reading this as well -- that the Aluminum Powerbook did not suffer from this problem. But, this is clearly not true, since my Powerbook Aluminum had scatches from the keyboard like crazy.

I'm just wondering if there have been reported problems with the macbook screen?

16. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

[​IMG]

CoolShield is 'da shizzle. :p