keyboard/mouse connect images in panther!?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by kungfu, Jul 12, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

I was browsing aimlessly through various system files in panther, and I happened to find an interesting folder of images. most of the images in the folder were ones i had already seen -- you know the images that show up when you adjust the brightness or volume via the keyboard? well there were some others that i had never seen before.. several look like placeholders, but they read:

kbdConnect.png reads "Keyboard connect image"

kbdDisconnect.png reads "Keyboard disconnect image"

and the same for mouseConnect.png/mouseDisconnect.png

Would this have anything to do with connecting wireless mice/keyboards?

I resaved one of the pics as a jpeg so you can see....

Attached Files:

2. thread starter macrumors regular

hmm.. that jpeg didn't show up as it should have... i'll post the actual png.

Attached Files:

3. macrumors regular

Yes, this looks like more convincing evidence. Combined with the Apple Store description of "wired" on the current models, I think we'll definately be getting a wireless mouse and keyboard.

The only question is whether the G5 will ship with the current wired ones, or get a new 'pro' style wired set, or ship with the news wireless ones.

I doubt that the wireless ones will be standard, so I think there will be a new Al style pro wired set for the G5.

I think the wireless keyboard and mouse may take a few design hints from the G5, but still be basically a white design, so that consumers (which will make up the majority of wireless buyers, I would assume) will have something that matches their iMac/eMac/iBook.

4. macrumors member

Bluetooth is still only optional on the PowerMac G5s, so you can be sure that it won't ship with a wireless keyboard and mouse as standard...

Neil.
    a.k.a. Arnel