Keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by joey4127, May 8, 2005.

1. joey4127 macrumors 6502

joey4127

I have a Mac Mini and when I updated to Tiger I chose the wrong keyboard as my default and my keys are messed up. So every time I turn it on, i need to go to preferences and change it. How can I change the default keyboard so i won't need to switch every time I turn it on?

2. Kelmon macrumors 6502a

Kelmon

Well, I'll have a bash at this problem. My best guess for this would be to use the System Preferences > International > Input Menu option to select the country of your keyboard and de-select other languages/countries. However, given your question you make it sound as though you already do something similar. Is this what you do and, if so, does the old language come back again after a restart?

Not sure if this helps but I thought I'd try.

3. joey4127 thread starter macrumors 6502

joey4127

4. joey4127 thread starter macrumors 6502

joey4127

Yes

5. Kelmon macrumors 6502a

Kelmon

OK, still guessing at things to try here but can you create a new User Account and try setting its keyboard settings to that which you want? If it works on a new account (even after a restart), then at least you know the problem is just with your current Account and not the OS installation as a whole. Further, it's pretty easy to move your documents from one Account to another.

Best of luck.