keyboard problems in firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by the Western zoo, Dec 21, 2006.

1. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

hey lately I have been having problems using the keyboard shortcut to skip though the windows in the active app... I don't remember if this has been a problem all the time while using firefox 2 - so I just wanted to know if it works on your mac?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Check your about:config settings. Something may have changed that isn't to your liking in Firefox 2.0. I had to go in there and tweak a few things before Firefox worked the way I wanted it to (curse you, default horizontal scroll settings).

3. the Western zoo thread starter macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

what should I look for? I've found out that if I press and hold the keyboard shortcut then it will start flipping through the windows....
    seriously can anyone help me out?? this is annoying the crap out of me....!!

edit: don't mean to sound rude... sorry if it comes out wrong...

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Actually, that's completely normal. If you hold down the keyboard shortcut keys, it should rapidly flip through the open windows. I believe you're either holding the keys down too long, or have your repeat delay set too short. If you want to experiment with your repeat delay setting, open System Preferences, then click Keyboard and Mouse. On the Keyboard tab, there's a setting called Delay until Repeat. Drag the slider to the left to make the delay longer, or right to make it shorter.

5. the Western zoo thread starter macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

it works normally in all other apps, and if I press and hold for short enough time it wil also only skip between two... normally I'll just press and release and it will flip one window but now I have to press and hold for a while before it'll skip...