Keyboard problems on PowerBook G4

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Mala, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Mala macrumors 6502

Nov 19, 2003
    i got a PowerBook G4, one of the new ones running Panther, in December, and it's been running like a dream - except that occasionally the keyboard loses the run of itself.

I don't know what causes this, but once in a while - perhaps when the computer's overheated; perhaps when it's using Classic applications - the keyboard gradually stops working. First the Function Keys stop, and I get an error sound, then the keys start typing the wrong letter - m types o, and so on.

Is this a known issue? Is it a hardware or a software issue? Is there a fix, or should I call Apple and ask them to mend it?

A second, separate problem: I put an iSight on the computer for the first time, and it seems to be taking video of some revolting old creature, not my gloriously lovely self. No, I don't really expect an answer to this. But I can hope, can't I?
  2. Doraemon macrumors 6502

Aug 31, 2001
    Europe (EU)
    Re: Keyboard problems on PowerBook G4

You could try removing the keyboard and then put it back in.
    But generally, if you computer is so new and already misbehaving, I'd instantly send it back to Apple and have them fix it.

You're sure? Pity... :D
    Try it again with good bright lighting.
  3. rdrr macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2003
    iSight is evil

My iSight camera seems to have a similar issue. when I plug it in I see a balding middle-aged person, that is at least 15lbs overweight. not what I expected! :p I think apple needs to rework this obvious flaw in the design or they will have to think about a pain and suffering grievance.
  4. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 19, 2003
    This iSight is obviously a huge bug. Anyone on for a class action? I'm *sure* we can find a lawyer who'll take the case for us. All we have to do is show the lawyer how s/he looks on the iSight.