Keyboard Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Telp, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I have a USB Apple© keyboard, and several weeks ago, possibly a month or two by now, the "left" and "down" keys just stopped working. I have restarted my computer many times and for many different reasons, and that obviously has not worked. If anyone can tell me maybe up to take the keys off and maybe see if i can do anything by doing that, or if anyone has any tip on anything i can do, that would be greatly appreciated. However, if not, its not a big deal and thanks for the help.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I suspect that your keyboard is dirty and needs cleaning. I'd definitely give taking the keys off a try - look underneath them, and see if the housing is dirty. That may explain why the keys fail to work.

Also, I'd take a look here for any helpful articles.

3. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

4. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Sorry if anyone saw what was written here before, i was cleaning my keyboard and somehow it all got posted. Anyway, the keys are still broke, and thats after taking them off and cleaning, (i did that to every key and now my keyboard looks brand new, I would reccomend cleaning the keyboard) but still those two buttons are broken. Thanks for the tip, however does anyone else have anything they could add?