Keyboard Problems

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by simX, Mar 9, 2004.

1. simX macrumors 6502a

simX

So I unfortunately spilled water on my keyboard a few days ago, and now that it's dried out, two keys on my keyboard don't work -- the mute button and the eject button. While they're definitely not essential, I have found both to be very useful and I'd like to be able to get the functionality back somehow. Does anybody know how exactly I could clean/fix the keyboard so these two keys work again?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

You could pop the keys off and clean in there. Or you could also take the keyboard apart.

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Is it a laptop or a desktop? For a desktop, the easiest thing might just be to get a new keyboard. Beware of the ultra-cheapo models, though.

For a laptop, If all else fails, try this place. You can buy components of individual keys or the entire keyboard. My option key is partially broken, and I'm currently in the process of deciding whether I need to get a replacement.

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Maybe you could try blasting some compressed air under there with one of those air cleaner cans that you can buy at computer places. There might be some water left under there...

5. PalmHarborTchr macrumors member

Replace that puppy

Go out and get the macally "icekey" keyboard its got the feel of a lap
    top and it the best I have ever used. Short stroke.......feels great.
    Should be an Apple OEM keyboard.