keyboard recommendations

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by maxterpiece, Feb 9, 2005.

1. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

Mar 5, 2003
    Alright -
    I started off with the apple keyboard but it broke and I never really liked it anyway. After that I bought a USB wireless microSOFT keyboard/mouse combination. I can't stand it though. The keys are not SOFT like on my powerbook. I love the keys on my new powerbook's keyboard so that makes me even more annoyed when i sit at my desktop. I used to have logitech keyboard which was pretty good (better than the microsoft one), but still doesn't compare with the one on my powerbook. I also have a dell keyboard at work which is at least equal to the logitech.
    My question is does anyone know of a keyboard, preferably wireless, that is as soft and comfy to type on as the one on the new powerbooks?

PS: I searched threads for wireless keyboard and there were 500 results. I went through about 200 of them without any success, so I decided to post. Hopefully this question hasn't been asked already.
  2. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2004
    West Monroe, Louisiana
    Logitech Wireless Access

I really like my Logitech Wireless Access... it's wireless but not bluetooth... so you have to put up with that USB wireless receiver. I really like it, but i ordered the bluetooth keyboard that apple makes simply because im going to use it to control my powerbook and the mac mini that im fixin to order... Good luck man...
  3. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    I happen to LOVE the Apple Keyboards... and the mice, even though they are one button.

But, I need to say, my favorite keyboard ever is the one that came with my old 1998-era HP. It is an amazing keyboard, and I love it.

Check eBay for it ;)
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    you might want to look into the Tactile Pro Keyboard, its supposed to be a pretty sturdy 'board
  5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I like the Logitech keyboards. You may also find Kensington to have something you like.
  6. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    Apple BT keyboard

My vote goes to Apple BT keyboard. Nice feel to it when you are typing. No outside edge so the keyboard looks (and is) compact.
  7. panphage macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2003
    I adore my Matias Tactile pro but that's not anything like what maxterpiece is asking for. He wants soft and comfy, the Tactile Pro bites back. Seriously, the best "soft" action keyboard I've ever touched was the previous apple keyboards, the Apple Pro. You can find them on ebay for 20-30 dollars. I don't know how they compare to the current apple keyboards.
  8. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2003
    I highly suggest you look into the Logitech Elite Keyboard. I have one and I love it. It has a great feel to it, and may customizable buttons to make navigation very quick.