1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Keyboard Replacement iMac G5 PPC

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Grunthaner, Oct 20, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hi Everyone,
    I am looking to replace my keyboard on my iMac G5 PPC. I understand the aluminum ones need software to get the new configuration working. Is there any other keyboards that do not have to do this? I would also consider third party products.
    Thanks Linda

2. macrumors 68000

Nameci

The apple aluminum keyboard will work just fine with your iMac G5.

3. macrumors 65816

AQUADock

I second the Apple keyboard or if you want Logitech keyboards are also good.

4. macrumors 6502a

Any USB keyboard should work fine. I've heard lots of good things about Newegg's Rosewell series of mechanical keyboards (RK-9000*), haven't tried one out yet myself, though (still beating on my BlackWidow and various Filco keyboards)

5. macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

Isn't that just partly true? The MB110LL/A one does work with 10.4/10.5 but MB110LL/B, which is identical on the outside, requires 10.6.8. Right? So if one happens to buy the B version without knowing it - the F-keys will not function properly.

6. macrumors 68000

Nameci

7. macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

I also read that link prior to this thread and that's why I wouldn't say it "works just fine", and you did actually not mention the software needed. That's why I thought you meant "everything works fine right out of the box", but now I know you didn't. We're on the same page, group hug! ;)