Keyboard Shortcuts refuse to work

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by XboxMySocks, Feb 4, 2013.

1. macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

After jailbreaking my phone (and sometimes randomly before it :s) the keyboard shortcuts refuse to work. This is ridiculously infuriating as I use them for a LOT. Any help?

2. macrumors P6

Restarting the phone would often get them working again, at least for some time.

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

It would before the JB, now they refuse to cooperate entirely :(

4. macrumors 6502a

jps1012

I have the same problem.

5. macrumors 6502a

Sirious

I have a similar problem, though mine seem to fix after a reboot.

6. macrumors 6502a

it was very annoying but it seems to work for me now under 6.1

7. macrumors 6502a

Take that back. Tried to use one again today and like before it failed to activate the shortcut

Unfortunately for me restarting my phone isn't a practical solution as the power button doesn't work so it means a lot of effort and frustration in order to turn it off and back on again. Looks like I'll have to live with it :)

8. macrumors 6502a

Slix

Mine have stopped working most of the time since 6.0. It is very frustrating, and I expected 6.1 to fix this, but it hasn't. Restarting doesn't fix it either.

9. macrumors 6502a

Do you find there's a pattern where it won't work with yours or does it just not work at all?

Who knows maybe 6.11 will fix it? Probably not

10. macrumors 6502a

I hate this bug. It's so annoying. Restarting the phone fixes it for about a day or so, but then it's back to no shortcuts and the autocorrect not working as well. Seems odd that after a couple updates to iOS 6 this hasn't been fixed.

11. macrumors 6502a

Slix

No pattern from what I can tell. Some times it works and others it doesn't. Sometimes in one sitting it works then doesn't then works again. :confused:

12. macrumors 6502a

Well I can confirm for me that it doesn't work at all now, It hasn't worked at all and it is very annoying. A restart confirmed for me that is makes no difference either :(