Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkrull

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
Anyone have intermittant failure of thier keyboard under boot camp? Plugging a USB keyboard in doesn't help. It ususally only happens during windows boot options, but it has happened during Vista install on occasion.

ash2ashes

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2006
I'm encountering the same exact problem :(

I kkrull !

I have the same keyboard bug than you on my MacBook C2D : when booting under Win XP using a Boot Camp partition (NTFS), the keyboard sometimes isn't recognized. I must power off my laptop and try again, but even that sometimes isn't enough for getting the keyboard 'back' ...

On the contrary, when using the same Boot Camp partition with the latest beta of Parallels from inside OS X, the keyboard is always responsive...

Anyone has a solution and / or explanation to this ?

Thanks.

kkrull

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
I am hoping this is fixed in a future boot camp update. I get occasional better luck with an external USB keyboard, but sometimes I get no keyboard access at all.

I use rEFIt and the keyboard always works on the rEFIt menus. Its only the windows bootloader that has problems and once during a windows install. I haven't had problems yet with a completed windows install or in OSX.

I probably have problems 25% of the time windows boots. How about you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.