1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

KeyCase Folio w/ BT Keyboard, Amazon now shipping

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by prot0type, Aug 24, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

caught this mention on engadget.com

[​IMG]

- Stylish & streamlined protective leather case designed for iPad.
    - Built-in Bluetooth 2.0 Silicone Keyboard.
    - Quiet keystrokes, dust-proof & spill-proof.
    - Durable Leather Style Exterior.
    - Magnetic fastening secures case closed.
    - Rechargeable battery lasts for approximately 45 hours per charge.
    - Bluetooth keyboard charges using standard Apple power cables.
    - Auto sleep mode when idle for 10 minutes.
    - Easy setup - automatically re-connects when turned on.

http://www.gearzap.com/ipad-folio-with-integrated-bluetooth-keyboard-black.html

Features of both the keyboard and case look decent.

I would like to see other case makers take a stab at this as well either using a 3rd party keyboard or even better the Apple BT keyboard.

2. macrumors 6502

Clam Case is supposed to come out with something in the Fall.

[​IMG]

3. macrumors 68020

Looks like a thick laptop from 2007

4. macrumors 6502a

they need to come out with a case that looks like that, but allows me to slip in the apple BT keyboard, and the Ipad.

5. macrumors regular

Yep, I remember that report.

For some reason I'm turned off by that offering though. I know it's probably not the finished product, but I have a feeling it'll still be bulky, heavier than it should be, and of course pricey.

KeyCase may be the first of many till someone gets it right, not a bad first step though. If anything Apple should give it a go. Make a ver2 of their iPad case that has the option to stow away their bt keyboard for those that use it.

6. macrumors 6502

When I signed up to be notified when it was available, I was sent a follow up email asking me what I thought the price should be. If memory serves me, the choices were something like $99, $129 or $179. I chose $129 knowing darn well it will be most likely the $179.

7. macrumors 68040

My daughter liked it.... I have a few places it would be handy, but not enough to spend $99. Like the other poster said, give me something that holds my apple bt keyboard like that and I'd probably go for it to hqve just in case.

8. macrumors member

If I'm gonna carry that monstrosity I might as well bring my 13" MBP...

9. macrumors 6502

That image makes it look huge and bulky, but this one not so bad size wise.

[​IMG]

10. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Neat idea if I did not already have the Apple Wireless Keyboard and a Skooba Netmessanger bag that it fits well in. And the Apple Wireless Keyboard allows for easy use with the MPB and iMac I have...

11. macrumors regular

12. macrumors 6502a

I would consider this if the keyboard was removable and if there was a hole for the light sensor.

13. macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know the MSRP on both of these products? I might be interested if it's a reasonable price range (under $60).

14. macrumors 6502a

$99 +

15. macrumors 6502a

I already spent over $300 on accessories alone, I think I'll pass on anything more than $60 from now on, unless it's absolutely amazing...

16. macrumors G3

17. macrumors newbie

Read a review recently (can't find it now...). The keys are under a rubber membrane and the review didn't like the feel.

18. macrumors member