Keychain access

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jnguyen4, Nov 14, 2006.

1. jnguyen4 macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

i have just messed around with the keychain access a little bit. it then prompted me for the password, but i didn't know what this was. i then tried to do some other weird stuff like deleting the info stored on there. now safari asks me if i want to remember passwords and i say yes. but when the application closes, the password is not remembered anymore. is there any way i can get it to remember passwords again?

2. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

3. jnguyen4 thread starter macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

thanx but repairing doesn't do anything. its just not saving the web sites i go to.

4. MacRumoron macrumors 6502

i had this same problem except with Mail.app

it kept asking for my password even if i said to remember it in the keychain. So what i did was open keychain access, then deleted every entry that had to do with the e-mail account and now it saves

so for you, try deleting every entry that has to do with the site where you are trying to save the password

if that doesn't work you can also try resetting safari (Safari -> Reset Safari...)

thats all i can think of ;)

5. jnguyen4 thread starter macrumors 6502

jnguyen4

no that didn't work. i already deleted everything in the keychain and i resetted safari.. it still does not save the password. it remembers my login name though...