keychain and password problems...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Patch^, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Patch^ macrumors regular

Hi Guys, I got my PowerMac about a week ago and I keep having an occurring problem every-time i go on safari and other applications that store my passwords i.e. MSN, iTunes etc.

This appears: -

[​IMG]
    (It also mentions something about file vault )

When it appears i have to enter my password, otherwise it locks me out the application and I have to restart my mac.

I've had a look at system preferences and stuff and I can't figure it out?:confused:

Thanks in advanced ^_^

2. baummer macrumors 6502a

Somehow it was set to enable the FileVault. Go to Spotlight, search FileVault, should be the first result. Click it, it will launch the corresponding application and disable the FileVault.

EDIT: Lauch the app, and then there should be an option to disable the use of FileVault. It's also found in your System Preferences under Security.

3. Patch^ thread starter macrumors regular

na i still get it popping up :mad: and now when i turn my mac on I have to login! even in the security section there is nothing turn on including filevault :(

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's weird. Is it the same in all accounts on the Mac? If you only have one account, it might be worthwhile making a new one (Administrator Account) and seeing if the problem persists. :)

Oh, and resetting Keychain (from the Keychain app in the Utilities folder) may help, but no guarantees.

5. Patch^ thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks :), but I can't find anything to do with resetting the keychain in keychain access application.

I've noticed somethings though, the certificates section for the file vault recovery key says its not trusted (on my powerbook there is nothing for this).

Also on my powerbook the is no keychain for filevault, it only has one for login, Microsoft stuff, System and X509Anchors. Where as on my powermac it only has filevault, System and X509Anchors.

Thanks in Advanced ^_^

(Note: This is a keychain problem on my powermac, if some of you are confused lol)