Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
I am interested in people's thoughts on whether there will be a Keynote 2.0. The current version is good, but is a very limited 1.0 product.

I am moving our company over to Keynote since it is cleaner visually and the file format is open. People are resisting given some of the functionality limitations.

And listening to their complaints, I got worried. I am concerned this is only a product to keep MS in line, or just to monetize a pet project Steve wanted.

Thoughts? Any idea if Keynote is selling so Apple has financial incentives to keep improving it? Is moving to Keynote a stupid move?

Thanks...

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
I am staring to think that Apple will release Keynote 2.0 with the rumored Office Suite.

A low cost bundle including "Document" "Spreadsheet" and Keynote new version 2.0 would be attractive.

Still, I doubt this would happen for a while.

actripxl

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2002
Chicago, IL
Sure it may not have all the options on Power Point, but I wouldn't be to worried about it not being developed to 2.0. Personally I think its great and every presentation I do I have people asking how I made it look so great( they think its P.P.) and gave my presentation such a professional look. Keynote is great and its one of the main reasons why I now use a Mac over a PC, and this is coming from an extreme gamer.

Edot

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2002
NJ
Keynote 2

I may not have used the program enough but the presentation Steve showed at WWDC 2003 used some really neat text transitions (Pixlet & 64bit slides to name a few). Anyone else notice this or are those transitions in the current build?

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
go to my homepage and click on the link that is prefaced by "take a look at this"

it is an interactive QT that came from keynote.

it is compressed at 3/4 in sorenson video 3.

believe me it is reaaally good. of course when i present i use my t68i+bt+sailing clicker - real cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.