Keynote 2 or another app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by deltrotter, Jan 20, 2005.

1. deltrotter macrumors regular

Hi everyone

Wondering if you can help.

I'd like to create a presentation (basically a series of slides with minimal animation) and include an audio narration as I go through. I'd then like to export it as Flash to deliver via a website.

I can do the presentation no problem and the audio seperately (edited with audacity), but I was wondering how I can merge them. It looks kind of like Keynote 2 will do the job, but I haven't seen much information on it.

Any ideas, or would I be better going for a different app? I'd also like there to be a nice Play / Pause / Stop etc controller on the Flash file.

Thanks for any advice or help.

Cheers

Del

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

You might as well just build it in flash if you want to build in a controller.

3. deltrotter thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Flash may be a bit complex for me though!

Cheers

Del

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I can almost guarantee it will be if you've never used it. I was assuming you had. Perhaps the 'controller' bit needs to be thought of differently. Now that I think about it, it is possible that the flash that is exported from keynote 2 will provide some ability to add control. Not having access to it yet, I couldn't tell you. I wil say if you have no experience with flash it will be quite complicated to build an audio-synced presentation with a built in controller.

5. deltrotter thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks again.

I just wonder whether because Keynote 2 lets you export as Flash, it incorporates a controller.

Any help anyone?

Cheers

Del

6. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

does keynote have an export to webpage. Then you can flip to next slide using the browser. Like iPhoto and stuff.

7. deltrotter thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure.

Just read somewhere that V1 Keynote did not give you much control over the audio side of things.

Its something like Macromedia Breeze I guess that I am after. But for the Mac.

Cheers

Del

8. crackpip macrumors regular

Keynote 2 allows for links in your slideshow including references to other slides. So you can build a controller, which has forward, previous, goto specific slide number, etc. Not sure how this would work with things going on inside of a slide, however.

All in all, Flash will be much more flexible and powerful in what you can do, but it will require some time to learn. I've always hated Power Point. By the time I had the resources to do electronic presentations, Flash was available, which I used exclusively until Keynote came out.

crackpip

9. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

OK- so if the above is true- then technically you should be able to use keynote 2- But I would think you will want to have a seperate audio file for each 'slide' so that you can keep the audio synced with the user having control of the flow.

10. deltrotter thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone.

If anyone else has suggestions - please fire away.