Keynote 3 export error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by visseru, Apr 22, 2006.

1. visseru macrumors newbie

Apr 22, 2006
    Hi folks,

I have a rather large keynote 3.0.0 presentation (aprpx. 630 MB), roughly 30 slides but lots of videos. I have to export this presentation to Powerpoint 2004 and it usually works with other presentations. This one doesn't.

After exporting all the videos to an extra folder and closing the export process I get the following error:

"Export Error
    An unknow error occurred"

Anyone experienced the same problem? Its enoying and I don't know how tro fix it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Ubbo Visser
  2. annk Administrator

Staff Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just had this problem the other day, and found a work around.

When I try to export to .ppt from Keynote 2.0, I get the same error message as the OP. At first I thought the problem was a font issue, because my slides are in Chinese. But then I tried to export a presentation in English, and the same thing happened. I panicked, because I had to mail the presentation over to China right away, and dreaded having to redo the whole thing on a Windows box.

I ended up copying the content of each slide over to a NeoOffice presentation. From there, I saved as .ppt. When I opened the file on the Windows box in Power Point, it was pretty good - I just did some quick tweaking due to a few weird formatting issues. The whole process took a lot less time than a complete rewrite would've taken.

I only had simple text slides, no sound or animation or even transitions.

Not an ideal solution, but maybe useful to someone in a bind, like I was.