Keynote 3 (iWork 06) loses transitions?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ChrisFromCanada, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

I just installed iWork 06 but it seems although I have gained a bunch of new transitions I have lost several, and some of them I used often!

Why is this? And is there a way to add the old removed ones from Keynote 2 into keynote 3?

It appears to be:
    Burn
    One of the Mosaic Flips
    Drop
    Falling tiles
    Grid
    Motion Dissolve

Those were good transitions!

And some of the text transitions are lost too. One odd thing I noticed is that if i bring in one of the old Keynote files with the old transitions it adds that old transition to the list!

Below is an attachment of Keynote 2 and 3 transition lists

Attached Files:

2. Epicurus macrumors 6502

Epicurus

If there isn't any easy way to get to the old transitions, this will indeed be a bad choice for Apple. I really liked the Burn transition and used it in several presentations.

i don't have Keynote 3 yet (I'm getting it today, hopefully). When you say you can get the old transitions back when you open a keynote that already uses them, do you mean that any new presentation started after than also has access to the old transition? I mean, if I open up a keynote with the "burn" transition can I then use that transition after I close the (old) document?

Otherwise I'll be trying to keep both versions of Keynote on my computer to have access to all the features I've become accustomed to.

3. zeta101 macrumors newbie

Have no fear, the transitions are still there!

Go to preferences>General pane. Near the bottom there is a check box called "Include obsolete animations in choices", tick it and you get the missing transitions.

I wonder why apple considered them obsolete though...

(first post here btw!)

4. bugfaceuk macrumors 6502

bugfaceuk

Great news, wonder why they have chosen to actually "obsolete" them rather than say creating a couple of categories which you can tick etc.

5. llewin macrumors newbie

Restoring missing transitions to Keynote 3.0

Thanks, Zeta. I was able to get the one I wanted.