Keynote App featured in "An Inconvenient Truth"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by corywoolf, May 27, 2006.

1. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

So I was just watching MSNBC and they were talking about the new movie that deals with global warming issues (hopefully better then The Day After Tomorrow did). Then they kept looping this clip of someone (clearly) using Keynote to make a presentation on global warming. I know macs are always in movies/shows, but this is the first time I have seen an iapp being featured in a film. After just watching the movie trailer online, I took a couple screenshots. The footage they showed on MSNBC was about a 30 second long close up of Keynote. :eek:

Attached Files:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Well, the movie is Al Gore's pet project, and he is on the board of directors of Apple.... ;) He made a point of pointing out that he was using Keynote at a presentation recently too...when the person doing the introduction said something about him setting up his Powerpoint presentation. :)

3. lonepilgrim macrumors regular

In the trailer, Gore is standing at his lectern at a presentation with a Powerbook.

4. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

And here is the Mac...

Attached Files:

5. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Cool! I didn't notice that scene. I forgot about how Gore is on Apple's board, it all makes sense now. :rolleyes:

6. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Looks like Gore's got a bit of Keynote envy? If he can't be the keynote speaker in the real Apple keynotes, then he can pretend in the movies! ;)

7. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

8. Edge100 macrumors 68000

I was at a sneak preview screening the other night here in Ottawa (attended by some pretty big politicians, including our former PM Paul Martin).

The movie is truly something. A definite must see.

And yes, the Mac and Keynote are evident throughout.

9. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

The trailer looks great. I would like to see Photobooth featured in the next movie. Perhaps iChat next and then a pre-sequel featuring Mail and iDVD. :p

I wonder if Windows users still get excited when they see Microsoft Word or Internet Explorer in a movie.

10. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I just read this article this morning about the team that designed the presentation. Pretty interesting. I especially enjoyed the line about how they couldn't even begin to design this thing in PowerPoint.

11. Pancake macrumors regular

Pancake

So, basically, what you are saying is that Apple is causing Global Warming to help sell Macintosh computer?

Global Warming starts being discussed in the 70s. Apple Computer started in the 70s. Coincidense?

Steve Jobs, marketing genius or EVIL marketing genius?

12. Subiklim macrumors 6502

Well he DID invent the internet, it's only natural he uses a computer as complex as a mac :rolleyes:

13. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

This may be a noobie question, but is Al Gore really on the board of directors for Apple?:confused:

14. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Yes, he really is: http://www.apple.com/pr/bios/bod.html