Keynote broadcasted on techtv ????

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by samy85114, Jul 8, 2002.

1. samy85114 macrumors regular

Does somebody know if the Jobs' keynote will air on TechTV?
    for those who remembered the SF keynote last january, Techtv was there...
    and i can't figure out why they don't want to be there... there's a demand for this... well I suppose. And this one seems pretty big, as well as the january's keynote!

2. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

I for one pray that TechTV doesn't broadcast the keynote. Have we all forgotten so quickly the HIDEOUS commentary that accompanied last years MWSF Stevenote? It was terrible. I honestly felt like the only reason that they even showed up was to bash everything that Steve announced. Granted, it was a lackluster keynote and the hype was HUGE. That didn't mean that the TechTV troglodytes had to be so damned negative. It was disgusting, and it added to the depression that I already felt after the address. I don't need that again this year. Then again, we should have expected as much. This is, after all, the network that employs John C. Dvorak.

Look at it this way. If Tech TV broadcasts and MWNY is awesome, they'll have something negative to say about it and we'll all just get pissed. If they broadcast and, for some unknown reason, MWNY socks, they'll just add to our misery. Either way we're better off without them. I'll take the QuickTime stream sans commentary over TechTV's band of thugs any day. Just my $.02. :)

3. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

i hope so. i can ignore that john da jerk guy. besides i have 56k and i cant watch from that speed. i cant wait fro my dsl.

4. Solipsys macrumors member

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

6. Solipsys macrumors member

HA! There Ya Go!

Now go to bed you "Unmarked Evangelist" ... It's 2am in San Francisco, so it's at least 3am in Texas :)

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

who was speaking of dvorak?

anyway, forget techTV, or whatever. you can see the keynote live from Apple.

8. Solipsys macrumors member

wsteineker mentioned him...

Dvorak sums up the TechTV mindset... "Apple Sucks". Of course they always look to Apple to produce the next big thing in personal computing.

Regardless, I'll be watching the keynote over Quicktime... If I'm actually up at 6am on the west coast :)

9. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I would like to see them broadcast it just so that I could view it on the HDTV. Now, if not then F them. I hate the Capital D with the little D. He has to be, no one would be that stupid for any other reason.

Oh, Krosfyter. Bring back the buddy jesus!:D

10. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Uh, you sure you were watching TechTV?

Chris Breen from MacWorld magazine sat in on TechTV's coverage and gave very good commentary.

Maybe you're thinking of another channel or last year's MWNY.

TechTV is definitely PC biased due to their viewership, but certain people (Brett Larson, who was at the Xserve announcement, and Leo Laporte) evangalize the Mac platform heavily on the air.

Don't count Dvorak too heavily against them.;)

11. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Update

Here's an email I just got from the TechTV folks regarding the keynote:
    Sounds like a confirmation to me!:D

12. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Yo Rower, you were right. I was thinking of last year's MWNY. Sorry for the confusion, man. :)

I agree that Brett Larsen and Leo Laporte are EXCELLENT, and do give the Mac more than its fair due. These guys (especially Larsen) are the model in this particular department. :D

As for Dvorak, I don't think it's possible to judge someone too harshly for employing him, as he's an ass. ;)

13. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

bring back the buddy jesus aye! hmmm. "unamarked evangilist"...hmmm...never thought of that...first time ive heard that put together...cool. bret larson doing the commentary on the keynote... good stuff.