Keynote Glitches

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Shrek, Jan 22, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

Shrek

http://news.com.com/2100-1040-981729.html?tag=fd_top

2. macrumors 65816

alset

Someone is gonna be in some real trouble for this one. I'd hate to be on the development team that told Steve they had it ready to go.

Obviously, the version of Keynote that Apple is shipping is not the same as the app Steve uses on stage.

Between this and the possible iLife delay, now I am wondering what issues we may see in the new AI PowerBooks.

Dan

3. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Psssst ... the AI isn't really the Army grade it is supposto be, it is of a lesser grade.

Nah, apple i guess didn't test keynote with older hardware... probably.

4. macrumors 68030

Les Kern

I'm guessing the AIBooks will be solid. Apple is getting better at first model roll-outs.
    Keynote, however, was odd. It never brought my system down (867 1.5ram and 400 TiBook) but it never actually worked completely. Spinning ball? COME ON! A freeze because I switch windows too fast? Yikes. I despise Powerpoint and I think the concept of Keynote is a winner... with version 1.2. IMHO

5. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Uhhh... go look in the Apple forums for *any* program, that's where the worst of the problems always end up-- they don't cover the probably 90% of users that don't have problems...

alternately, apple could simply put the word 'beta' after Keynote, and they wouldn't have any problems ;)

pnw

6. macrumors 68020

mymemory

I said before and I said again...

Do never buy the first generation of something.... whait for the rest to do it and complete a "real life field test".

I have being envolve in to electronics for so long, specially because of the electronic music and every time a bran new equipment came out it takes at list 6 month to be really ready because the first units to come out comes with problems that comes out after many people use them, then a "non official revision" comes and 6 month later you are gonna have a really working unit.

You will see that the new Powerbook are gonna come with some problems because the design is brand new. Wait a bit for Apple to fix those details and get one.

7. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

but then they couldn't have charged for it... ;)