Keynote graph effects...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kam1kaze, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Kam1kaze macrumors newbie

Mar 29, 2007
    Well, Hi everyone, first time posting here. :) I was just wondering, Are the effects like the chart values increasing in a graph controlled in Keynote itself? An example would be when Steve Jobs (Macworld SF 2007) shows the amount of 2006 Units sold Worldwide for devices (just after the clicker stopped working).

Are these effects actually done inside Keynote (like the columns being animated, and increase), or are they done in a software outside, and then imported into Keynote.

I've just recently (Nov 2006) switched to a Mac (fantastic experience so far btw:D :apple: :D ), so I havent yet still completely figured (or even gotten around to using) out Keynote, but its a stunning presentation app to say the least. Awesome effects...far more advanced than what Powerpoint could ever come up with. I'm more of a Photoshop user, but yeah, I've just been aching to find out how to do those.

What was even more impessive was the effects that Al Gore used in the documentary Inconvenient Truth. So I was just wondering.

Thanks again.
  2. ArthurS macrumors newbie

Apr 17, 2006
    Bump.. anyone know if it's possible to animate a graph à la An Inconvenient Truth in Keynote 3?

Never mind: found something like it. Make a graph in Keynote, go to 'Animate In', for Effect choose 'Appear' and then set 'Per Set' or 'Per Item' or something similar. Unfortunately the lines aren't really drawn but appear between coordinates, but it's still better than nothing. :)
  3. ArthurS macrumors newbie

Apr 17, 2006
    And an alternative is to draw a square over the graph and slowly animate it to move out of the way, to make the line appear smoothly