Keynote Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by R.Youden, Feb 17, 2007.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Hi.

I am using Keynote 2.0.2.

I have a list of bullet points (5 in total) and the all move in from the right to left. I then want only two to move out to the left. In PowerPoint I would use 5 different text boxes with individual bullet points and set the order of move in / move out. From what I can gather you can only have one bullet point box in each Keynote slide which doesn't help.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

2. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

You can easily add more text blocks with bullets. The easiest way is just highlight your current "bullet box", copy, and paste in a new one. Then you can set different build transitions.

3. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I have tried that. What I end up with is the bullet points to be pasted are pasted back into the original text box. If I try and copy a blank set of bullet points it wont let me. What I end up with is this:

• ABC
    • ABC

Which isn't much use really!

4. shwc macrumors regular

create as many bulleted text boxes as you wish.

You can have as many individual text boxes (bulleted or not) as you wish.

Create a new text box (click on the "T" [text] button), make sure the text box you wish to bullet/unbullet is selected, open up the inspector, click on the "T" in the inspector, click "bullets" button, select whether or not you wish the text box to be bulleted or not-- and what type of bullets.

Then, if you wish, animate the individual text boxes as you see fit.

Cheers,
    Shwc