Keynote not shipping until 2/25/04?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Coca-Cola, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2002
    I ordered Kenote about a week ago. I turns out my order won't be shipping until around 2/25/04. Strange. How hard is it to ship a new box of software? Is a Keynote 2 coming?
  2. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

May 26, 2003
    Chicago area
    Here's hoping you're right, but I have my doubts that an update is forthcoming. After letting it drift into the background for a while, Apple has been putting Keynote out there recently with discounts and free additional themes for .mac subscribers. The offers expire March 17th.

I doubt Apple would dilute their own buzz over new themes that are bound to be included in Keynote 2 by promoting 3rd party themes.

But I'm sure you will enjoy Keynote whenever you finally receive it. My audiences have repeatedly remarked on the classiness of the themes and the cool transitions.
  3. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Feb 11, 2004

I just went to Apple Store and got this:

I couldn't see what version it was but when I went to add it to my shopping cart, I saw a 7-10 day shipping time!

I just finished helping my 11 year old prepare a Power Point presentation for one of her homework assignments and I would love to see what Keynote has to offer, but at $100.00 (don't kid yourself with the $99 price after tax and shipping... come on!)
    I would love to hear a Comparison of the two. Maybe after finally getting it, Coca-Cola could start another Thread with his reviews.

4. Coca-Cola thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2002
    About reviewing the two products....
    I have no experience with powerpoint and I am trying to avoid using it or any MS Office applications. I am fool, yes I know. But hey, I don't like buying anything from MS. It makes me feel dirty. Same goes with Walmart. Monopolies are not good things. But, on the bright side, you can check out this website and view the first 3 chapters of each section for free. Worth a look. :)
  5. Coca-Cola thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2002
    p.s.- It shipped! Should be here today! They must have just been busy shipping out 100,000 boxes of ipods or something.
  6. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

Dec 17, 2002
    Re: Keynote

I've actually used Keynote and Powerpoint. And like everything else, there are pros and cons to both. PP has been around for ever, and therefore has more features, maybe too many. And Keynote is just over a year old, so it is missing a lot of features that PP has, but none of them are crucial features. (e.i. can't play music through the entire presentation, can't use mouse during show) But, bottom line: I'd use Keynote even with the shortcomings, as long as I didn't have to use a M$ product. I use Appleworks for everything else.

But Keynote should have seen an update at MWSF, so it could be updated anytime.

If your daughter is in school, would that count for an educational discount? 'Cause Keynote is only $79 then...:confused:
  7. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

Sep 27, 2003
    Re: Keynote not shipping until 2/25/04?

Look's like you're confirming a rumor from another site! Check out their new Keynote rumor. .