Keynote presentation showing in QuickTime format

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by YS2003, Mar 26, 2006.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I am thinking about using KeyNote from now on for presentation slides. My work environment is MS Windows, which makes PowerPoint is the default choice. I prefer not to take my Mac out on the road for presentation as I am already carrying my work notebook PC (dell) already.

I heard KeyNote can save the presentation in QuickTime. If that is so, I am thinking I should be able to run the slides made with KeyNote via QuickTime Player on my Windows XP PC. I may need to stop and play QuickTime if needed, depending on how fast I am presenting. But, I feel it would be similar to hitting the arrow button/mouse click for the next slide on PowerPoint.

Have you ever done this arrangement with your presentation?

2. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

Thats exactly right, forward is next, back is previous, it doesnt progress automaticaly unless you set it to.

ive used it and it works perfectly, all transitions etc

3. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

It is good to hear KeyNote/QuickTime combo works for actual presentations. I am assuming I don't need to full version QuickTime to do this. Or, do I need to buy QuickTime full version for this to work?

4. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

I find exporting to pdf format, and playing in Adobe Reader (full screen mode) to work well also. Doesn't show the animations of course, but zero problems with formating and compatibility.

5. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Yes Keynote is superb.

My other half did a presentation on my PowerBook using it, make it into an interactive QuickTime movie and played it off her Windows notebook at uni, works a charm!! People don't realise it's any different apart from the cool themes, animations and great quality you get frm Keynote.