Keynote Problems - help needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gardenspeaker, Mar 24, 2007.

1. gardenspeaker macrumors newbie

:( Help! I was using Keynote to make two presentations today - the first was fine. The computer was turned off for a couple hours, then I turned it on to do the second talk. I clicked "play" and the first slide appeared on my computer, but on the screen we saw what you see when you click "rehearse slideshow" - two windows and the time that has elapsed. No matter what I did, including restarting the computer, this kept happening.

I had a CD of the same presentation in powerpoint with me, so we put that on someone else's computer and I went on with the talk.

Any ideas? I'm worried that this might happen again.
    THANKS! :eek:

2. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

Go to System Preferences -> Displays -> Arrangement. Drag the menu bar in the Arrangement window from one display to the other. Voila!

[​IMG]

3. gardenspeaker thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, nuclearwinter, but when I go to System Preferences in my MacBook I see only Display and Color - not what you describe.
    gardenspeaker

4. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

The arrangement tab only shows up when a secondary display is attached. If you don't have another display or projector attached, it won't show up.

5. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

You can also tell Keynote which display to use for the presenter display by going to Keynote -> Preferences -> Presenter display. I'm assuming that you are using the latest version of Keynote. I don't know what previous versions had as options.

[​IMG]

6. gardenspeaker thread starter macrumors newbie

OK - I'll check when I have it hooked up to a projector. Yes, I have the latest version of Keynote. The slideshow preferences were on "Primary display"

Why do you think that the first presentation was fine, but the second projected as if I was using "rehearse slideshow"?

Thanks!

7. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

You'll want to make sure that you have the slideshow set to present on the secondary display in Keynote.

It could be that if your Mac went to sleep, it may have reset the display preferences somehow. I've had that happen on occasion. Now that you know how to change it back, you don't have to worry about it anymore.

8. gardenspeaker thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok - much appreciated.

evolving as fast as I can,
    gs