Keynote Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DaveP, Aug 6, 2006.

1. DaveP macrumors 6502

DaveP

I'm trying to do something that seems relatively simple, but can't figure out how. Essentially, what I want to do is have two text boxes with bullets. It seems to only allow you to have one bullet text box. I can't figure out if you can add bullets to a free text box. I know this is quite simple to do in Powerpoint, but I can't figure it out in Keynote.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

It shouldn't be a proble - I just tried it and it seemed to work fine.. Just click on the text box, go to the Inspector toolbar, select "T" and one of the tabs should be "Bullets". There you will be able to select the type of bullets you want. Hope that helps. :)

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

This feature only made in appearance in iWork 06, unfortunately, so if you have iWork 05 you're out of luck. Otherwise, if you are using the most up to date version, max altitude's way is correct.

4. projectle macrumors 6502

Well, if the feature is 06 only, then you may want to look at NeoOffice to do your presentations (then you can just work with Powerpoint files) or Powerpoint.

5. cbetta macrumors regular

just dont use bullets..... bullets are yesterdays way of presenting (see presentationzen.com)

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Sorry but for a wide variety of technical presentations bullets are very much de rigeur. It's an important addition to iWork 06

7. DaveP thread starter macrumors 6502

DaveP

Thanks for the replies. I do have 05, so it doesn't have that feature... Oh well, I do have powerpoint, but I find Keynote a little simpler to use.

Thanks for the help.
    Dave