keyspan remote

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

hey i have the keyspan remote with the usb receiver, and system profiler sees it under USB, but it won't recevie anythign from the remote. i've set it to a new code or whatever as per keyspan's instruction wihtoput successs, as well as finding that it works plug and play (as usual) on windows Xp. anyway, help would be apprectioated... thankx!!!!
    PS yes it has worked on my iBook OSX10.4 before cheers!

2. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

Did you install the kespan DMR software? I use the remote on my g5 powermac to control frontrow

I have the remote mapped to simulate key commands required to activate front row.

try reinstalling the software. Might do the trick.

3. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

yeah, i had the software but then trashed it; should i get it again? also, how can i map it for front row??? thankx

4. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

yeah see if you can get a copy of the software. it is sort of crucial ( get in the habit of not throwing away install discs of any kind )

you can map the "universal" set of buttons [within the program] to use the commands that correspond with activating and controlling front row.

its quite easy. just get that program back :) check the keyspan site. they might have it for download.

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Running Front Row on your iBook is illegal...

Why would you throw away the software anyway?

6. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

ok, i got the program, but still nothing is happening... the remote wont connect with the receiver??? any ideas? thankx