Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nemo1617

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
so i got a free g3 imac the first couple of times i plugged it it it didnt turn on then when it finally did it made this really bad clicking noise n would get stuck on the apple logo finally i got frustrated n kicked it on the side and when i turned it back on it started working !! lol:D

Attachments

• Photo on 10-16-12 at 3.45 PM.jpg
    Photo on 10-16-12 at 3.45 PM.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 142

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Sounds like you did sometime to get the hard drive working again. It'll likely die again soon and may not respond to kicking. If there's anything on there worth saving, you should put it onto an external drive.

nemo1617

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sounds like you did sometime to get the hard drive working again. It'll likely die again soon and may not respond to kicking. If there's anything on there worth saving, you should put it onto an external drive.

no i dont have anything on it it booted up like new mac with the intro video and everything which was weird ? ....im more excited about getting my second imac g4 17 inch for 30 dollars gonna pick it up later today love craigslist lol:cool:

Scrub175

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2012
Port St Lucie FL
so i got a free g3 imac the first couple of times i plugged it it it didnt turn on then when it finally did it made this really bad clicking noise n would get stuck on the apple logo finally i got frustrated n kicked it on the side and when i turned it back on it started working !! lol:D

Intense mechanical agitation is prescribed in the department of energy operator fundamentals, so it may work just fine in your situation too.

92WardSenatorFE

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2008
USA
I would be fragile with the iMac G3's because the internal plastics are really brittle in them due to heat/ age... just a heads up.

nemo1617

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
my G3 wont even power up maybe i should put it back together and give it a few kicks :)

lmao! ya u should worked for me i also flipped it over n hit it on the bottom a couple of times.......well im off to go pick up my 17 inch imac g4 ill post up a pic !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.