Kickin' it up a notch

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cooknn, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Just pulled the trigger on a new ATI Radeon X800 XT + an additional 1GB of RAM for my Power Mac G5 Dual 2Ghz :) I bought it with the Radeon 9600 Pro and 1GB of RAM. Should be like breathing new life into this 2 year old box eh?

2. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

congratulations....now time to get some new games to play so test it out

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

sweet, i just recently upped the ram in my PB and finally replaced the Hard Drive, its like new.... might be slow still compared to others, but i dont need much to be happy at this point

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Hey is the 9600 128MB? And if so would you be willing to part with it.

And how much improvement do you see in your tasks?

5. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

The 9600 that I have is only 64MB. If you want it shoot me a PM. I should receive the X800 XT on Friday. My boys play World of Warcraft so we should be able to crank up the display settings in that game considerably. When I have time I hook up my wheel and race the mod's for Nascar 2003 and also a little Tomb Raider AOD. Oh, and we just recently bought The Sims 2. Should be some good stuff to put it to the test. The 9600 had to do something called reduced blanking interval to pump the pixels at 1920x1200 for my 23" ACD, so I'm hoping for some every day visual improvements from the new card as well :D