Kid puts a big pocket knife against my stomach in school...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by twistedlegato, Sep 8, 2006.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Ok...
    Today my point of view of people changed entirely.

In school today something happened in my Language arts class.
    We were doing a project and we were aloud to walk around to room to get supplies. When i was walking back to my desk a kid pulls out a 3 inch pocket knife and deliberately holds it almost against my stomach. I started to back away and he just brought the knife closer to my stomach. When i was almost in the corner of the room he folded it up, started laughing and stuck it in his pocket and ran off to his seat. I was completely scared out of my mind! I asked him why he had the knife and he wanted to "protect" himself because he had to walk to school today. Even if he had a reason for the knife we are not supposed to have them in school. Plus he had NO reason to threaten me with it as a joke. My stomach churned thinking what was the right thing to do was. Luckily three of my friends saw the whole thing. But one thing i worried about was that if i told he would know who told, and he would come after me. But in lunch my friends said they were gonna tell if i was there or not.

I made up my mind and said i would do it. Because this was a serious thing, the fact that he held a knife against me just made me feel so weird. And scared. So me and my friends told, and the kid got expelled from our school. Though he apparently told one of his friends that we ratted him out (he found out all four of us even though the teacher did not tell him he just knew, mainly because he saw use walking away separately with the teacher to go to the vice principles office to tell the story.

Now i am scared about what he said that he was gonna get us.
    My friends and I had a reason for telling right?
    The freaking kid threatened me with a knife.
    I never knew people would do such things...
    Even though i have heard of all the murders and wars and killings i have never been threatened with a knife before, and at school of all places.

What should i feel?
    I know i did the right thing...right?

Im just happy that kid is away...

-Navy-

EDIT: This was in a middle school.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

And this is why many middle schools have metal detectors. :( I hope this was high school...

Scary. IMHO you and your friends did the right thing.

B

3. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

you absolutely did the right thing. And if he ever bothers you again, go right to the police. I'm serious.

4. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Im sorry to say that this was Middle school and not High school.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You don't know how sorry I am to hear that.

Do involve the police at the first sign of any similar activity directed your way.

B

6. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Yes, you did the right thing.

And, based on my experience, the threat he's made against you is an empty one. If he comes back to your school, try to understand that he was "playing" with you, not actually threatening you (I know it didn't and doesn't feel that way, but it may very well have felt that way to him) -- if anything he was probably using you (because you were convenient) to try to muster some sort of control over his own life.

Was this at a public school or a private school?

I'm glad you're ok (though understandably a little bit freaked out).

I hope the other kid gets the help he needs.

7. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

:rolleyes:

This was public:rolleyes: ..
    But its a good school, but all places of the world have there bad people...
    I know he was playing with me but he should not have done such a thing, its not a koking matter to put a knife against a kids stomach to scare him for the fun of it.
    Good thing that knife was above to inches. Means he get an automatic 10 sespension then has to go to the School board of directers thing. I think if he just had a knife that was over 2 inches. But the fact that he put it againts my stomach will defenitly get this kid expelled for sure!:)

This kids dad is a mucic producer, (he looks like a gangter, i saw him, becuase his dad came to watch his uncle rap for us because his uncle is a rapper) and he used to brag about all the stuff his dad gave him to watch:rolleyes:

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You did the right thing. Knives at school are a no-no. Threatening someone with a knife is a criminal act. Threatening reprisals for telling is a criminal act.

Just keep your eyes out for trouble in the next few days and weeks. And remember, there is no shame in running from a fight you can't win. (My maritial arts instructor worked long and hard to beat that into my head -- and it really is true, even if it doesn't feel like it is.) Keep yourself safe and legal.

9. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Yeah, its hard to walk away from thing, i have never been in a REAL fight, but when someone hits me and i dont hit back, i get made fun of for being a wimp. Mainly because i dont want to get in trouble, and also because i dont like fighting.

10. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

You absolutely did the right thing. I want you to do one more thing:

Pick up the phone and call the police. File a report, and get a restraining order.

It might sound excessive to you, but you'd be amazed at how psychotic some people are. You want to have legal recourse if he starts to harass you, and serving him with papers that say "Judge ___ says that you have to stay the **** away from me" is a lot more compelling than nothing at all.

11. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

You did the right thing and if he threatens again go straight to the police

12. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

You may have done the right thing, but it all depends on how your relationship with this guy is? are you close friends? if so, are you the kind of friends who joke a lot with each other? like pushing each other into bushes, or messing with each other in harmless ways, if that's the case, the best thing that should have been done was to talk to him alone and tell him he crossed a line and that he shouldn't ever do it.

now if this guy is someone you don't know, then you sure as hell did the right thing.

13. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

You did the right thing, and should be pretty proud of that. Most people don't have the guts to tell. You will want to report it to the police though, because "next time" might not be so good.

14. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

no we are ot friends.. THIS KID MAKES FUN OF ME....and alot:(

15. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

never bring a knife to a gun fight.:D

yes, i'm just kidding.

16. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Our school is taking it drasticly so i feel quite safe:)

17. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

so he's an insecure kid, we had a lot of those back in middle school and high school, they enjoy manipulating others, scare them, upset them, as long as he makes your emotions make a 180 degree turn, "mission accomplished", almost everyone is recommending you call the police, but I think that just adds a whole new dimension to the problem, I think you should chill about it, if you start to feel threat, either by him or his boyfriend, then go ahead and call the police, but what this guy seems to do is bark louder than he bites

18. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Er... the bully kid pushed a knife against him. Maybe he does bark louder than he bites, but apparantly he had someone's head in his jaws for a moment.

19. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

but ask yourself why he put the knife to his stomach for no apparent reason? I think he did it to scare him, and as he said, he makes fun of him a lot. Unless of course this guy has had a past of violence, but if his past contains only making fun of people then really calling the cops would complicate the matter, for now

20. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

I agree that it would complicate the matter, but it's better to stay safe with the situation. As for a "past of violence" - the guy just built one. Holding a knife to someone's stomach is an act of violence, and can be lethal. People as young as 13 have beaten people to death for things as stupid as cutting in line.

21. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Uh... I don't care if that kid was insecure or just wanted to scare the OP. I'm not a lawyer, but isn't what that kid did to the OP assault? Touching him with the knife, even though he didn't cut the OP, I would think could even encroach on battery.

To the OP, you absolutely did the right thing... I'm glad you have a good group of friends who not only advised you to do the right thing, but went with you to lend their support.

22. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

that is seriously messed up... mang.

23. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

he tried to scare me, not cut me, BUT HE STILL HAD NO RESON FOR DOING IT:(

24. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

I agree that kids can be violent for the dumbest things, but I'm still looking at it from another angle:

he didn't go up to him and say "I'm gonna fu**ing kill you" he laughed, in a joking way, of course this is not a proper way to joke, and reporting him in order to get him expelled is the right way to do it, but I think the OP needs to stop and relax for a moment, and think, should I call the cops? is this the end of it? and if he feels harm is indeed coming his way, then yes it is better to be safe than sorry, I just think calling the cops is a last resort, but in the end, non of us have the definite answer but the OP because we weren't there.

25. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I know this is stupid..but what is the OP?