Kidnapping In My Community!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacAztec, Aug 28, 2002.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Holy sh*t! Turn on any news channel, and you will see that Michael Farber has been kidnapped from PALM DESERT, CA!

Thats friggin crazy. My community hosts about 40,000 rich old people, and is the LEAST EXPECTED PLACE for this to happen!

I come home, turn on CNN, and see this? CRAZY!!!

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

yep heard it here in Texas on Fox News. Its a trip that all these kidnappings are being televised. Kidnappings happen all the time but apparently it has to be deemed out of the ordinary to make it to a big time news station.

3. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Of course. until george trigger happy decides to start bombing the he11 outta iraq in a lame attempt to smoke him out of his hole.

Well, give it all another week or two and all we'll see on the news is "September 11th, One Year Later" and more stories about the survivors sueing the Taliban, Bin Laden, etc etc etc etc for 1.3trillion.

No wonder every other country in the world hates the American Empire.

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

5. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better

These kidnappings are the media's new thing. While it may make you scared someone got kidnapped near you, this is not abnormal. This fad is just that same as last year's shark attacks (as I remember, there were actually fewer that year...)

Each year the media comes up with some new thing to plaster all over the place and make normal people scared for no reason.

6. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Scared?

Im not scared. If any fool tryed to grab me i would beat the living f*ck out of him. I just think its weird because my town is the little rich town and everything is always good.

I dont think that many kids have been kidnapped down here, not at all....

7. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of sick person would want to steal a kid!? I meen I think I'm safe, it's just like the bumper sticker says: "Fat Kids are hard to Kidnap"
    Hee hee hee

The subject is crazy, and sick! I hope they find that kid! :(

8. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's funny!!:D :D

9. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

It is actually a bumper sticker, if I see it agian I'll take a picture, :D

10. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

It is a shame that our youth have to watch their cocks(Catholic priest) and balls (Pedophiles):mad:

I'm a glad I don't have any children, or I would terminate anyone

of those simpleton lives!!!:p

11. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

If the **** perv gets caught and is in desperate need of some vigilante justice (ie asskicking followed by a crude castration by means of a steel-toed boot), I'm willing :)

12. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Re: Scared?

right, lets think about this statement, you are walking down a dark street, alone, a van with blacked out windows pulls up near you, 4x 13stone through pure muscle jump out and pull you into the van?

I have a thought that you really couldn't beat the living **** out of them.

Ensign

Note: That is just my vision of a kidnapping, I have never been involved in one yet.

13. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Well, it now appears that the woman responsible for the kidnapping has popped up in my hometown of Colorado Springs. Apparently she has several ex-husbands living here and her car has been found abandoned around here, hopefully she'll get apprehended soon.

14. DavPeanut macrumors 6502

You can find ou every example of why the world hates the american empire in a book called "Blowback"

15. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Re: ....

Yeah. If anything the random/stranger kidnapping rate has gone down in the last ten years.

The media is just trying to scare parents to get higher ratings. While I don't deny the importance of trying to find these kids, the media's reasons for the extreme coverage are reprehensible.

Taft

16. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

This is just a media thing...

Kidnappings happen all the time. It's just that some parents make a really big deal out of it, and then every other parent has to call CNN, and they get all the sympathy...

Of course, those two idiot sluts in california that got kidnapped from their boyfriends by some maniac deserved what they got... They were idiots, and shouldn't have been out making out where they were...

Of course, this is just my opinion...

17. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Although everybody seems to talking about pervs and all that, you are more likely to be kidnapped by somebody in your family than somebody else.

Edit: For that matter, you are also more likely to be killed by somebody you know.

18. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

You know what, I am glad that they show it. How many of you have a kid? Since this all started, we have taken our daughter to the Police, and had her fingerprinted, tought her how to get away from someone, or slow them down. It brings attention to the problem. Also, it makes you as a parent aware of not only your own child, but others as well. There have been several this year where the kids were found safe because of the coverage, and Amber Alerts. Oh, and Ensign. I would, and could kick their a$$.

At 6'5 260lbs, and being just a good ole boy. Yea, they would have their hands full.

Anyway, it is a good thing that it is being covered. Oh, and Moxie, you know I love ya right.....Shaddup! ;)

19. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Re: Kidnapping In My Community!!!

Well, last week it was G4Scott's town, so why not yours?

Maybe once a week, CNN should feature another of MacRumor's finests' hometowns, for something nicer hopefully.