Kids and Drugs in school

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sparky's, Apr 10, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

2. macrumors 68020

howard

oh my god...

thats horrifiing..

especially when they mentioned $10,000 in cocaine was found on a 4 year old...

i don't think these kids could have known what it was... thats just crazy.

3. macrumors P6

wdlove

This is a very said situation happening to children so you. Unless things change it just doesn't look good for the future! :(

4. macrumors regular

Next thing you know there going to be carting pistols around....

5. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

children are the first casualty in the war on drugs. If these drugs were treated like prescription medications, i think kids would know better. Instead, if a child discovers pot, adults lie about it and confuse them.

and of course, smuggling would be too expensive to do.

btw this happened weeks ago and i'm sure there was already a thread on it.

paul

6. macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Not uncommon where I live, our town gets at least 8 death threats from kids at schools every month. Strangely enough, 60% of those threats come from kids at the elementary school. :confused: I would expect the high school.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

I wouldn't be surprised if they already did. In the 1960s I remember Monroe High School (San Fernando Valley CA) having drive by shootings from rival gangs then. I was even on the field when I heard shots once. Supposedly one of the "Midnighters" didn't like one of the "Playboys" seeing his girl. And this among 15-17 years olds. I guess as time goes on the gun totters get younger.

8. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Actually, apropos to this thread, the government thinks it can even tax illegal items-- Recreational illicit substances require Drug Tax Stamps in many places, so you wind up paying taxes on contraban. Fortunately, almost no one is stupid enough to pay. Unfortunately, it's just another thing they can charge you with, if you're caught with drugs.

paul

9. macrumors 6502a

hahah that is funny.

10. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Ive seen a lot of these kinds of things here in oakland. You obviously never been in Deep East Oakland